3 suites

3 Pups Music

Not guitar! Except for one movement that has some fretless guitar in it (I dare you to find it!)

"Greenwood Suite", 9 short movements, 34 min 9 sec

"Katrina and Rita, The Death Of Jazz And Blues", one movement, 49 min 36 sec

"Feast Of All Holy Martyrs", six short movements and four little intermezzos, 30 min 55 sec

Thanks to Charles Dickens for the spoken word intro to "Longhair Won't Stay Wet", the last movement on "Feast Of All Holy Martyrs". It's the introduction from "A Tale Of Two Cities". Names of the movements are on our Myspace page.

Happy holidays!

Don't be too mad this isn't guitar. Pantha and I are putting several of our cds into free cd-length 22.1 stereo mp3 promotional downloads and we'll have them up soon.

bainsk8

Sorry to tell you but the links are not working. All I get is this:

Not Found
The requested URL /0/audio/3PupsMusicHoliday/FeastOfAllHolyMartyrs.mp3 was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.26 Server at audio61.archive.org Port 80

I was hoping to of left you some feedback.
frown.gif

bainsk8

Firstly I have to point out that I'm not a musician, that maybe a good thing I'm not sure.

I listened to "Greenwood Suite" and I liked the 1st and 4th movement the best, but I don't understand the purpose of this music.

For example, is your music written with modern dance in mind? I don't mean to sound rude with my ignorance but I feel there is something that is missing and the music needs something to accompany it. I feel the missing thing is a visual thing, which is why I mentioned dance. I may be wrong, like I said I'm not a musician.

Sorry for not being more understanding of this style of music, but I am sure I will learn from this forum to understand it more as time goes on. Thank you for sharing it with me and all the best.

3 Pups Music

I'm sorry you didn't like it more, but thank you for downloading and listening to "Greenwood Suite". It and the other two suites seem very visual to me. It may seem more visual to me than it is to others. Some general information about contemporary classical music and modernism can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contemporary_music and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_modernism. The "Greenwood Suite" is my attempt to musically express impressions of Greenwood Mississippi I formed during a visit there in 2004. I travelled with my rhythm and blues mentor, and he and I lectured at a law school in Jackson. Greenwood is a former center of the cotton industry and negro slavery in the US, often very depressed economically, now feeling the economic presence of a large successful appliance manufacturer there. There are old poor, old rich, new poor, new rich. Statues honor the Confederate States of the US civil war. Prisoners work around the courthouse. My host was the appliance manufacturer, and I was put up in a lavish hotel they had rebuilt from a ruined downtown hotel. All around it was a depressed economy and grand homes on the riverside. Themes of "Greenwood Suite" include old and new, wealth and poor, Americana and atonalism, and an everpresent river. The "Katrina and Rita: The Death of Jazz and Blues" and "Feast of All Holy Martrys" are from my impressions and imaginings about the recent American hurricanes and their aftermath on the South. Names of movements can be found on our Myspace.com page and may give more hints about the music. Newbie Brad