Thalamus - musicvideo and coorperation with mr. M

Priest

Commodore of Impending Doom II
Well. A new project is on it's way.

3 days ago we started the pre-production for a musicvideo, to a new danish triphop group called Thalamus. The project is expected to be released in the start of april, and we have so far gathered a very proffesional team of technicians to do the job with us.

The video is going to be a visual trip through three layers of modern society with inspiration taken from Dante's divine comedy.

I have also joined forces with mr. Magle on the project, taking him in as a composer for some of the musics background that is quite classical inspirated. This will be mixed with the soft electronic tunes of the Thalamus' music, and we're expecting quite good results on this matter.

For more info, www.thalamusic.dk The site will be updated by a new version in a month or so, made by our company.

[EDIT: fixed the link]

Trebbien

Commodore of Choirs, Charm and Codes
It sounds very interesting!
Good luck on this project. I personally love when you mix classical themes with other genres (of course; it depends on the results
wink.gif
) so I look forward to see the musicvideo in the future!
Trebbien

Pamadu

Civilian
smile.gif
Yes.!!!!! This should proove to be very interesting.I too,like Trebbien look forward to its progress.This is something a little out of my line (getting old)
bawling.gif
but Michel,I am sure with the Thalamus Music and what Mr.Magle blends with it,will work well.Also using Dante's genius for inspiration is a superb concept.Please keep us all posted. Cheers
cheers444.gif
Pamadu/Paul.

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Well, it's a quite interesting project!! My contribution will be to arrange the score for- and conduct (!) the orchestra which will be of a size of about 20-25 musicians (mostly strings). It's a very rare thing (actually never seen before, at least not to my knowledge) to use a "real" orchestra in this kind of music, but it also tells something about the level of ambition for the whole project.

This also means I will be working on this project as soon as I have finished the big symphonic work! 2004 is turning out to be an active year for me, no time for lazyness
grin.gif

Priest

Thanks captain Pamadu.

I have just gathered the team for the project, and as it is, it's looking quite good. Very skilled people. One of the best camera operators from our country, some skilled people working on the CGI(3d anims) and my usual ligthing crew and director of photography, and they as well kick some serious ass...

And of course you guys will be updated on the project.

I also activated a new contact of mine, Christophe Vincent Dolcerocca, to do some behind the scenes on the project..

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
With your permssion, Michel, I will move this thread to the "General Music Debate" (from Area 51) when all contracts (etc.) have been signed and we are ready to go "public"

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Good! Even though I, of course, move threads around in the "public" forums as I see fit, I would never move a post from the "members only" section to the open forums without first asking the thread-starter.

Priest

Anyway... I'll contact you tomorrow evening after a have had the meeting with Lars. And if everything is alright, move the thread.

Pamadu

Civilian
angel.gif
Well thank you Spider.. Many thanks for the emoticons....One wonders what I have done (or NOT done) to deserve them. hehehehehehehe
cheers444.gif
they do add a little life to the posts
whistling2.gif
This is the only musical one now. lol. but I do not have to say CHEERS all the time now.
grin.gif
cheers444.gif
cheers444.gif
cheers444.gif
cheers444.gif

Pamadu/Paul.

Priest

Btw Pamadu. You were talking about going to Denmark sometimes. Any idea when? I gotta warn you. It's freaking cold here in the North...

Pamadu

Civilian
I hope to be in Denmark around October,Michel.(some hurdles to cross though before I know for sure). I will welcome some cold after all the heat & humidity we get here where I live.Perhaps the Music Video might be finished or part done by then.?????
I am really looking forward to it....Cheers.Pamadu/Paul.
P.S. Last weekend,I would have gladly immigrated to the "Arctic" it was so Bad.
EDIT:
hehehehehehehe
grin.gif
was just going off to bed,early night,
and thought what a Good Video we could make if it was snow in October.....if you only knew my "Current Mode of Transport" hehehehehehehe
wink.gif
will laugh myself to sleep Cheers
cheers444.gif

Priest

Sleep well mate.

The video is actually supposed to be finished in the start of april. It will of course be available for streaming, when it's ready.

You'll propably make it for the bad weather if you go here in october... actually we have autumn at that time, and it has a tendency to be quite beautiful(on a good day)

3 Pups Music

We are a new member of the forum. This project sounds very interesting and I think I could learn something from your progress. I will be an eager audience. Newbie Brad

EDIT
Whoops! I see this is an old thread. Did the project end with success?