If you have the time, I would appreciate some fedback
Several other tracks are available here http://www.mixposure.com/ampm/music

Kind regards y'all

Rune Vejby

Commodore of Water Music
Hi Patrick,

Long time no see, happy new year!
smile.gif

I jus got a chance to listen to your new track and it is truly fantastic. The quality of your music has increased alot in comparison to your previous tracks. I've only listed to track once, with my headphones on, but the mastering seems perfect! Great work!

The intro is very surprising (almost shocking
wink.gif
) but actually I think it is okay and just a matter of getting used to it
smile.gif

I don't really have any critisism, oh yeah, just one: Why in the world is this track not released on CD !?!?!?!?!??!
wink.gif

Good luck!

AM:PM

Hi Rune,
That was fast. Thanks for the very quick response: Happy new year- hope all is well!!

Thanks for the very uplifting review. I am very flattered with your last comment but all I can say is that I believe its because am not ready. I still have to perfect my skills... so maybe one fine day!!

I hope your classical project is progressing as planned and hoped for. Best wishes!!
Kind regards

Swaft

Hello!

Personally, I am not a fan of that music, but I can tell what is good and what is not. I think your song is nice, great beat, good instrumentation and nice trumpet arrangement! Keep up the good work !

Swaft thanks for the props. Very nice of you to comment a genre you r not a fan of".

Kind regards

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Re: A happy new with a new soul/jazz/pop song

Hi AM:pM,

It's a nice track, not least the playing by the saxophoneplayer is top notch.
Something that strikes me is the near complete fragmentation of the instrumentarium, especially the placement of your percussion instruments is (but also your keys and the rhythmic guitar, to me, somewhat confusing panning around the my speakers.
Also the extra reverb on the "backing-vocal-like" part of the song as well as the reverb on the solo part, as compared to ie. the rhodes is a little "odd" - the "mic positions" seems very different. It certainly a "sound", but I'm not sure if it distracts more than it captures attention.
The level of the song seems fine, both overall and on the different instruments.

Again, it's a great song and there are lots of nice stuff in it, I'm just not sure about the mixture of ambience and panning is my cup of tea!
smile.gif

Nice work!

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for listening to the song and the constructive critique. I have listened to the track myself and I have noticed that the stereo enhancement is somewhat overblown and that my application of the reverb facility was rather indiscriminate.
I think the whole mix needs a walk through, (I have realised a certain aspect with my mixes). Anyway not much more from me except a big thank you for the constructive critique.

Kind regards.... (og har det godt!)

Parick aka AM:pM

Strunch

Very nice track all-in-all. If you want to remix it I'll look forward to hear that version as well.
I don't have much critique to add because I know it's a matter of taste: Ask 10 different people what they would like to change, and you'll get - somewhat - 10 different opinions
grin.gif
..It's taste, that's all, but I agree with Corno that the reeverb/room size is a little bit large on the backing vocals.

Very good piece, good composition, good lyrics, thumbs up and all.. I'll look forward to hear more from you
smile.gif

Hey Thomas, Thanks for lstening to the song and your input on "a matter of taste".
They are a few aspects that I have been re-working and a new vocal take. I'll give a shout out when the new mix is ready.

Thanks

sondance

AM:pM
You've got a great track here and I echo most of what is said in previous notes.
I'd encourage you to not only reduce the level of reverb on the lead vocal but to consider turning it off altogether.
You have a very personal lyric. Try a test track without reverb and with a more personal rendering of the vocal, like you are talking to someone within arm's reach. Just see how it works for you. To me the sax conveys the depth of emotion I think you are trying to hit in your vocal style and in the more dramatic acoustics.
My 2 cents, no charge.
clap.gif

Sondance,
Thanks for the free advice - heehehe. I appreciate your input. This track has oddly enough showcased some pitfalls, that I now avoid like the plague.

About the no reverb test, did try it. Reverb numbs out some feel in my voice :-(

Thanks for the time and kind regards

Andrew Gemmell

Mmmm... just listened to this track..

There is some nice Sax... Not quite Ralph Ravenscroft (Baker St), but nice... Im not sure about the Hall sounding ambient sound.. It may be my computer. Vocals sound ok... but maybe need to be more up front and obvious..

But I did like it... woudl I buy it? Maybe not in its current format, but it has real potential.

Andrew