My Music Photography Site

bainsk8

I would like to share my music photography site with you that I built. Let me know what you think.
smile.gif

giovannimusica

Commodore de Cavaille-Coll
Hi bainsk8,

Please do share the site with us - I don't see any link yet - but I'm sure your photo compositions are of great quality.

Giovanni :)

giovannimusica

Hello,

Great work there sir
tiphat.gif

Having just purchased a Mamiya 22 megapixel camera, I am looking forward to trying my hand at digital manipulation - the next great project for me.

Cheers,

Giovanni
wave.gif

bainsk8

Hello,

Great work there sir
tiphat.gif

Having just purchased a Mamiya 22 megapixel camera, I am looking forward to trying my hand at digital manipulation - the next great project for me.

Cheers,

Giovanni
wave.gif

Thank you for your kind words. If you need any help with digital manipulation let me know and I can send you some great links to tutorials which I used when I got started. Wishing you much success with your new camera.
smile.gif

rojo

(Ret)
Hi bainsk8,

That`s a nice site you`ve got there- can`t find any faults. Ever considered webdesigning as a career...?

Nice photos- is there a way to improve the image quality of the thumbnails? Or would that make the site too long to load- seems pretty fast now...I`m new to webdesign, so forgive me if I say anything ignorant...
grin.gif

Well done!
smile.gif

bainsk8

Thank you for your kind words, I have thought about it as a career but it is a hard market to break into and there are a lot of much more talented site builders than me out there.

Your right about the thumbnails. I should improve the quality of them, but it is finding the time to do it.

The reason why they are like this, is because I took the majority from my old site. My old site I made in HTML and the layout was done using tables so they needed to be small in MB, but now using CSS I could in fact improve the quality.

Thank you for pointing it out to me, I have added it to my list of things to do.
smile.gif

rojo

(Ret)
Seems like we both recently made the transition to css layouts- hurray for us, huh?
grin.gif

Just had to mention, I like your avatar- always liked Beaker, and it`s cool the way his eyes move!
smile.gif

bainsk8

Yes, hurray indeed. Don't you think css layouts are so much easier to work with and much more friendly than the old way? I am glad I made the switch.

Oh! Beaker was my favorite, he always made me laugh. I still find him funny, there is something about Beaker that just makes me laugh.
smile.gif
Do you remember Dr Bunsen Honeydew? He is in the picture below with Beaker.

muppets3fc.jpg

rojo

(Ret)
Haha! Yes, I remember him too. If I remember correctly, Beaker had a pretty tough time usually...poor Beaker.

I too am glad to have made the switch to css- to me it just makes sense. Although that was my first css site, and only my second website (brag, brag), so I`m no expert. I don`t think I`ll be going back to tables any time soon...tables are good for starting out (in WYSIWYG editors), but css is the way to go for sure. Then you really know what`s going on- you learn coding!

I`ve got a headache, but your picture made me feel better; thanks a lot!
smile.gif

bainsk8

True WYSIWYG editors are sometimes and in most cases not what you get. Hahaha!

I am glad the picture cheered you up. If you need cheering up again then post me a message and I will see what I can do. Take care.
wave.gif

rojo

(Ret)
Haha- good one!

Will do- you too, take care, and just in case I miss seeing you around, hope your moving goes smoothly.

Swaft

Nice website! MY personal taste would be to switch the content background color and the main background color. Really great content too.
laugh.gif

Kenny

giovannimusica

Hi bainsk8,

Thanx for the offer to send some links - I'll look you up when the time comes for some serious manipulation work.

Cheers,

Giovanni
tiphat.gif