its our birthday - gift number one Texapolitan Opera Roadshow

CMB

Hi Everyone -

Opera Music Broadcast is now celebrating its second birthday - thats right, 2 years on the air and going strong.
This week we will feature surprises for you the listener.

Todays gift is the first episode of the Texapolitan Opera Roadshow, hosted by baritone Michael Mayes **

More info about Michael and our other staff/hosts here:
http://operamusicbroadcast.com/about/staff-and-hosts/

It is every Sunday at 11PM, and in the words of Michael:

"my mission is to pull back the curtain, remove the velvet ropes, and give the public at large an insight into the lives of the real people behind opera in the United States and abroad.

You won’t hear about fin-de-siecle Paris and the anti-imperialist overtones exhibited in compositions during that time, Bach’s 12th son’s dog’s name, or Alban Berg’s distaste for liver… we’re just going to talk to each other, like we do.

Once a week, I’ll invite you to sit down with me and one of my friends as we tell the stories that we tell each other across drinks every time we get the pleasure of working together. We welcome you to sit back, relax, pop a top or two, and get to know the people behind the curtain."

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROGRAM CONTAINS ADULT LANGUAGE AND SITUATIONS, AND MAY NOT BE APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AGES.

**This weeks episode features Maestro Jerome Shannon, and you can get a complete synopsis and listening links here:
http://operamusicbroadcast.com/2011/11/26/texapolitan-opera-roadshow/

Enjoy!
K

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hmmmm - "Adult Language and Situations" - That means that I have no business there :scold::scold::scold::scold::scold:

John Watt

This looks like this musician is adapting to his total social environment, and is becoming an "old wave" player.
He should be polite, and offer a "please be forewarned", for patronizing patrons.
That's not the gentle spirit you maintain, Corno Dolce. You already have this music inside you.
The Rus Bear is waiting to find you. Call any Cossack, and he will reply to you.
I hope this event has straws. I don't drink out of cans without them, any more.

Yes, this isn't just a birthday present for interested listeners and viewers,
as with the first snowfall of the year falling gently outside,
this revelation of another player becoming an "old wave" artist,
is a Christmas card for me.
Joyeux Noelle! I'm sure we all know that one.