Site will be moved to faster server tomorrow (24-01-2006)

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
The last couple of months the forum has been running rather unstable speed-wise, and it even was completely down for half an hour last friday. But this will hopefully be a thing of the past when the site gets moved to a new server tomorrow (Tuesday 24th, 2006). Crossing fingers
smile.gif

There will be a little downtime (hopefully less than an hour), but I will get notified an hour before the move happens, so I have time to warn everybody about it in this thread.

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
The forum will be closed withinin the next 10 minutes! We'll be back as soon as possible!
smile.gif

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
It's alive!!
smile.gif
Unfortunately the move took longer than planned, but I hope everythings works again. Please let me know if you experience any weird behavior, thanks.

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Tell me your impression of the speediness of this site, please

Well, so far it does indeed seems like the speed has increased noticably in general. I have been told that two other large forums were running on the same machine and they used up a lot of processing power for the (mySQL) database. The forum is as far as I know now running on a machine with no other heavy-duty databases which means it can utilize most of the availeble power.

But please let me know your experience - does it feel like the speed has increased to you? And if so, how noticable would you say the increase is?

(If you don't feel like comparing the before and after speed, you can just state your impression of the current speed if you like)

giovannimusica

Commodore de Cavaille-Coll
Re: Tell me your impression of the speediness of this site, please

The Honorable Frederik Magle,

Three Cheers for your sucessfully bringing over MIMF to a new server. A salute to the Admiral is in order - Sir, Captain Giovanni is at his duty station.

Respectfully submitted,

Giovanni

Gareth

Commodore of Water Music
Re: Tell me your impression of the speediness of this site, plea

YES SIR!!!! The Speed is good, noticeably faster, thanks Frederik.

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Re: Tell me your impression of the speediness of this site, plea

Excellent!

Thank you Captain Giovanni and Captain Gareth!
wink.gif