Trying To Help A Friend

Elvenking

So here is the story, my friend, a guy I have known since I was sixteen, is so damned good with mixing and composing anything under the sun. From game music, movie themes, exact duplicates of complex songs, to heavy metal. He has a huge portfolio of both covers and originals. I truly beleive in this guy as a composer myself. I am trying to help him realize his dream. He is a real estate guy who hates every day. But he has this enormous talent that I really want to carry him away from all the ****. So if you can...please help me with any suggestions. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this forum. :)

John Watt

I see your first post is a difficult one, not just about notes, but breaking into the business.
You know the saying about religion where people say you "take a leap of faith".
You're asking about how to take that even bigger leap onstage.
Despite whatever equipment and catalogue of compositions your friend has,
you are starting from scratch when it comes to shaping a new career.
Start a band. Get out and play. That's all I can say.

John Watt

Monseniorsignor Corno Dolce! I have to buy an echo to get my sound teeming, as close as I get.
And I wish I was reliable about sage advice.
I was a little facetious, typing "breaking into the business".
I got my first full-time gig filling in for a guitarist who broke his arm falling off a bike.
In Niagara Falls, I gotta admit, a hot place to fall.

Yes, I don't care if you've got an eight hundred year old musical instrument, that's yours.
Take it outside and start playing. That's so easy. All you have to do is decide to either
play what you like, or play what they like. And that's not stereo.

Corno Dolce! Any chance you're going to put up photos of your new local architecture?
Got any golden domes shining above you? No, I mean the artificial ones.

Last edited:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Monseniorsignor Corno Dolce! Any chance you're going to put up photos of your new local architecture?
Got any golden domes shining above you? No, I mean the artificial ones.

Artificial Golden Domes???

Well, there's this one:

http://krongazeta.com/img/nomer/2012/02-105/sobor_2_post.jpg

It is the recently re-inaugurated Cathedral of Kronstadt which is a peninsula in the mouth of the Neva River Basin just outside of St. Petersburg. It is the most voluminous Church building in Russia - almost three times larger than Christ the Savior Cathedral in Moscow! It was originally built to commemorate those who lost their lives at sea. All the names of those who perished
are etched on black marble "tableaux" inside the Cathedral.

Oh, and here are some 360 degree views of selected spaces at Christ the Savior Cathedral in Moscow:

http://www.360pano.eu/xxc/

Last edited:

John Watt

That first church looks like it belongs on top of some angel cake.
And the other views? Incredible! Just incredible!
I'll be looking at these again, very inspiring.
And I'd type more, but it's closing time in less than two minutes.
I already got some new ideas about designs for the faux purling for my new guitar.
I'm not gonna Haida again.

Corno Dolce

Hi John,

Glad you got inspired - My tribe and I will visit the Kronstadt Cathedral soon...

John Watt

Wowee zowee! I didn't even realize the moving 3-D thing before.
Sometimes, after looking, I'm not sure which way is the floor.
I've never seen anything like this before. Beautiful, amazingly beautiful!
This isn't just inspiring me, I feel like copying too!
Or is that copticing?

Corno Dolce

The chief photographer at Christ the Savior Cathedral in Moscow has the latest Nikon - N800(36 Megapixels) and an array of lenses that just makes ones eyes pop out of ones head. Yep, it is inspiring to behold a pro photographers work.

John Watt

Oh! Forget 360 degrees. I'm gonna pass 360 views!
Everyone loves this.
I got lucky, getting the carpet with the red bird logo to spin in circles, centered in this screen.
Watching the middle as a focal point let the slightly jumpy spinning spin me out.

I wouldn't know what you're talking about, an array of lens, thinking digitals are getting smaller.
But I saw a National Geographic pic of one of their photographers whose camera parts filled a small rowboat.
It might be time to go back and try to count all those candles.
Add them all up and it would be, uh, like a flame.

Corno Dolce

Dear John,

The dude has a lens for every conceivable situation and angle and perspective and so on...I just makes ones head spin with what he does as a pro...I get envious when I see his photo work...

John Watt

Brujedo Corno Dolce! I might not pass 360 views in this thread.
I put the link up on the title page of my domain so I can look at it any time I can.
And I spread it around Facebook too, which added a photo and business description,
not only amazing some serious friends, but promoting your friend too.
I'll be looking to see what else he has.
That frame that starts with a wall painting that looks almost like Mexican artwork, angular with lots of blacks and browns,
probably a scene of Jesus' prophets, has a ceiling with lots of scattered pock marks.
I'm wondering if they're bullet holes left up there to illustrate past history.

A little American news. You know the descriptions of China as an intrusive government,
now putting up hundreds of thousands of cameras to overview major cities?
One of Mitt Romney's companies is manufacturing those.
There's a new YouTube video on Facebook, an hour and twenty-three minutes long,
first seen by me on a guitar playing friends' page, Terry Walsh, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada.
I've seen and heard a lot already, but now I'm convinced a plane didn't hit the Pentagon.
I could drone on.
And please, Corno Dolce, don't be envious at all. That's almost like pride.
There is no acceptable amount of pride, always leading to a downfall.
I'm beyond that.
Walking offstage and not finding a way back, right away, is worse.

I took off to get the Trade Towers link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6pEZf8P_RE&feature=share',)

Last edited:

Corno Dolce

Hi JohnWatt,

Nope, not bulletholes - Just the vision of the designers. You're absolutely right about not getting envious - Thanx for bringing me back from the edge of the precipice.