Yoy really ought to listen to ... Deftones

prokop

If you don't know Deftones and you're into newer heavy, then I strongly recommend following album:

B000002NIW.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Around the Fur
by Deftones

Deftones sounds nü-metalish, with front man Chino Morenos distinct whispering/screaming lyrical style over hard but somewhat melodic and dreamy metal. The tracks have a tendency to lead easy in and then explode in an orgy of aggression.

It is modern alternative metal at it's best, with close relations to Tool and Korn before they hit big.

Stalwart

Saw them on stage about 10 years ago opening Pantera/White Zombie show (seems Deftones had just began at that time). My impression was - typical alternative metal boring enough, but may be they are more interesting on CDs - don't know...

Stalwart

Saw them on stage about 10 years ago opening Pantera/White Zombie show (seems Deftones had just began at that time). My impression was - typical alternative metal boring enough, but may be they are more interesting on CDs - don't know...

erikbartley

Well, they always appear on my recomended artists list, but I never really got into them. Could you name their heavist song so that I can get into them? They always seemed a little soft to me.

Ronin

Yes Around the Fur is a superb album. As are their other albums.

They arent exactly too original or groundbreaking, but they make solid rock songs album after album.

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing them live yet.

Torben

At first the only album heavy enough for me was Adrenaline, and that's not their best, but over time I grew into them and now White Pony is one of my favourite albums of all time, along with Deftones and Around The Fur close behind.

I'd recommend Around The Fur to people on this forum specifically.