A belated introduction

Todd

Name: Todd
Preoccupation: Music

I caught the classical music bug about a decade ago, and since then have been on an almost uncontrollable quest to hear as much music as I can – and that means new and different music as well as multiple versions of various masterpieces. I have no formal music education or training and play no instrument. Everything I write thus ends up being nothing more than my impressions of the music I hear. Over the course of the last decade, I’ve obviously picked up a few things as to how music is played and some technical terminology, but still I’m just an enthusiast who has enough time to occasionally write some thoughts on music. I guess it’s worth noting that while I love classical music, I still listen to other types of music. I rather fancy jazz, find some rock & pop listenable, and even dabble in the whole trip-hop / electronica / trance thing. (I’m not sure of the correct terminology there.) “Classical” music is unique, though, in that it has the power and scope to convey emotions and ideas that smaller-scale, less involved forms cannot. What, pray tell me, has the sheer force of a Bruckner symphony or the inspirational power of so many of Beethoven’s works. That’s why classical is my thing.

Rune Vejby

Commodore of Water Music
Hi Todd
smile.gif

Well, better late than never
wink.gif

Welcome and thanks for all your input regarding classical music!!

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
And a belated welcome Todd
tiphat.gif

It's great to have you aboard - always looking forward to reading your posts.

Kind regards
smile.gif

Frederik

Gareth

Commodore of Water Music
Hey Todd...wow 61 posts without an intro???? I too am a huge fan of classical music, welcome.

cheers444.gif

Gareth.