Lord of the Rings : FOTR The Complete Recordings.

Underscore

Does anybody own this ?

I am a big fan of Howard Shore and especially his work on LOTR trilogy.

I was wondering if this newly released package is worth getting. I currently own the original trilogy CD pack. But this one looks very impressive, especially with the PCM 5.1 DVD. But the price seems far too high.

WalkingTheSky

Hmm. I'm also a fan of Howard Shore's work, and the LOTR trilogy is exquisite. But, I'm also a fan of the "Star Wars" trilogy and the music that accompanies it. But, I thought it silly to purchase a second set of soundtracks just because they had been re-released along with Episode III. So, my point is that, even though you're a big fan, if you already have the set, why get it again? Especially if the price is too high?

Hope this helps!
smile.gif

Underscore

Its not just the same, thats the thing.

The new release is for the extended DVD versions not the previously released theatrical edition.

But yeah, I dont understand why the price is so high, since SW EPIII soundtrack came with a 5.1 surround DVD for free !

ApeXX

Banned
Actually I have never bought any soundtracks from the LOTR trilogy, even though I really enjoyed the music. Didn't a song win in the Grammy's last year? I think it was "Into The West", or something along those lines. Don't take my word for it though, just recalling this vaugely.

Underscore

You should really own a copy. I think you can get the trilogy soundtracks (theatrical versions) in one pack for quite cheap off amazon.

The LOTR soundtrack is very classical in style and the way Shore composes when comparing to other movies.

Alex Tiuniaev

Yes, I have The Complete Recordings, and I must tell you that if enjoyed the original soundtrack, this one is worth buying. It's simply suberb! There are many new themes here (even not included in the movies) and new variations on the old ones, so it's definitely a must-have! The six new Shire tracks are worth the price alone.