We Were Soldiers

Lucky34

This is a great soundtrack, actually one of the best I have heard. Only problem, on the title of the movie when the title shows there is a really strong percussion track. Anyone know if this track was left out of the soundtrack or where to find it?

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
I don't know the answer to your question, but you can listen to some exceprts of all the tracks on amazon here
(I assume you don't already have the soundtrack CD since you ask if the track was left out)

WalkingTheSky

I should check out this film, I've heard a bit about it, but never did see it. I assume the score is fantastic, if it was mentioned here.
wink.gif

I do hope you find that track. Though, I've run into this often with studio soundtracks. The execs leave off certain tracks because they weren't very long, or didn't include main themes or weren't during a particularly interesting part of the film. I find that very frustrating, but we often have to live with it. I, being a perfectionist, end up recording the scene with the score piece included right onto my computer. Then, I transfer it to my MP3 player. It's not always the best quality, but I do end up "having" the track. You might try that.
smile.gif

sondance

Having Read the Book

Saw the film. I suspect I missed the score: spent much of the time trying to understand why they shot the movie in such a Hollywood fashion when the true story is far more engaging then a dramatic treatment could be. This is one of the best true accounts of combat in Vietnam I ever read. "We Were Soldiers Once, and Young" is the full name.
It'll rip your heart out, just like "Black Hawk Down" (the book) or "Saving Private Ryan".