Would you like a photo gallery function on this forum?

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
As the preperations for the big software switch (from ubbb.threads to vBulletin) moves forward, I'm thinking about what new features to add (besides the many build in to vBulletin). One of the features I'm seriously considering is add ing advanced (but easy to use) photo galleries to this forum.

If so, I would go with the best product on the market (that I know of): Photopost

I have a few ideas of where to use galleries. One of them would be a "pipe organ gallery" for all sorts of pipe organ related pictures, another would of course be in conjunction with the "Paintings, Photos, etc..." section. A third could be a "fun/misc" section for all non-music/art related pics. I think this could be fun and intersting, but what do you think? Is there any interest in getting this feature, do you think you would use it?

The reason I ask this to you (the members) is that the photo-gallery softwar is somewhat expensive (129$) for a non-profit forum, so I'd like to know if there's any interest before spending the money
smile.gif

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
I had a feeling you'd be in favor of it
wink.gif

I think I'm going to install it, but in any case I welcome any ideas, suggestiosna or requests on how to get the most out of it. What kind of of galleries would you like to see?

Priest

Commodore of Impending Doom II
organ related would be a must..
concert pictures, art, band promotion pictures..