• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

Grandorgue 0.3.0.6 /win XP ...newbie.

Joku2

I have trying to connect Grandorgue in win XP SP3 32 bit with Freeverb reverb but with no luck. My system:
win xp
Intel Quad core 2
Soundcard Terratec DMX 6 Fire 24/6 with ASIO
in motherboard Realtek something ; I don't use
Yamaha Portatone PSR-225 keyboard Midi

I have tying to use ASIOALL4 v2 driver and When I set audio output ASIO: JackRouter and Freeverb and then Jack Control I cannot connect Grandorgue to Freeverb. Jack Portaudio says Cannot connect Grandorgue to Freeverb because Freeverb is inactive.

My question is can I use ASIOaALL4 and freeverb in my system or somehow use soundcard Asio and freeverb? Or should I use soundcard Asio without freeverb? Could you give some advice how to do it?

I have tried soundcard Asio driver with desktop virtual keyboard playing and sound was 1 second repeating sound which last forever.

Thanks

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret)
Hi Joku :)

Some questions : Is Freeverb Vst made kinda stand alone effect with Savihost ?
Is Jackrouter selected on savihost Audio ? > probably this cause the inactive...
Is dry out of Freeverb full down?
In JackControl you must see the connections : GO to system, Freeverb to system, GO to Freeverb.
So you get dry sound from GO and the reverb from Freeverb (Dry off).

Joku2

Hi Ghekorg7 :)

1. I have loaded Savihost like instructions said. I loaded perhaps wrong Freeverb single 3 precision but I have tried another single precision. The new one said error loading .fxb file. The new one did not have any .fxb plugin. Is it wrong ? I started Savi named Freeverb3Impulser2 and the program asked .dll file I gave lib/ Freeverb3VSTImpulser2.dll.

2. I changed Devices/Wave in Freeverb program like the instructions said.

3. Freeverb loaded with impulse file. Freeverb is dry 8.3 almost full up alsö like in the instructions.

4. JackControl has one connection: GO to system nothing more.

There are some problems because JackControl has one connection? What to do ?

Thanks Ghekorg7

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Hi Joku2 :)

Freeverb does some strange stuff at times, and most probably because we choose the wrong version... In the past it freezed Reaper ! (x64) Teru worked on this and solved.
Load IR from Freeverb not with fxb ect

Try something else to check : change VST reverb > get Reverberate LE (free), has an oboard IR library which is very good for start. The 2 Cathedrals are super !

So, savihost ReverberateLE, choose Jackrouter as driver and the same buffer number (256 there?-default) on Savi's Audio devices, as on GO. All must be the same : Driver, rate and buffer size/number.
First open Jack, then GO (no organ load yet), then Savi-ReverberateLE, then Qjackctl > click connect : you must see GO to system, LE to system. Connect GO to LE, full down the Dry on LE (just the wet). Load organ.

Tell me how it goes. Since you are on 32bit there's no compatability issues, it's a pure OS. You must get great sound !

Joku2

I tried Freeverb with another version Freeverb single processor driver with no luck. I tried also change Reverb to Reverberate LE this time Jack control did do connection and did connection from GO to LE. When I loaded organ Stiehr Mocker orig and set Le Dry full down and played GrandOrgue nothing can be heard. Then I put bigger volume and tried another Organ Burea_kapellorgan also no sound. I put bigger volume and heard something but that was perhaps some noise from the soundcard. I listen through headphones.

Jack Portaudio wrote error message which I put in the appendix. But this site claims it is over sized when it is 1.3 MB.

So I write it here: JackAudioDriver::processGraphSync: Process error

JackEngine::XRUN: client = Savihost was not run: state =1
: client = Grandorgue not run: state = 1

Thanks

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Hi Joku2
Hmmmm

Which version of Jack are you using ? 1.9.9 x86 pure 32 bit ?

When you open connect from Qjackctl, on the right panel when clicking System, how many speaker icons named Playback_x do you see ?
Try some changes there if not connected to the equivalent number of your audio outs !!

Another test : Disconnect your external Terratec audio card from computer and use just the Asio4all driver for your on board RealTeck one. Do not forget to change that target also on Jack properties !
Then start from the beginning (GO>Jackrouter, RevLE>Savihost>Jackrouter, QJackctl>connect , GO>Load set and post how it went. All 32bit.

I'm using just the GO and the rest with only my on board Realteck with Asio4all. Smooth and great.

Joku2

Hi Ghekorg :)

I have Jack_v1.9.8_32setup.exe.

When I open Jack control, there are for system 4 blue and 2 black playback. I don't know how many playback I have in a soundcard because I don't have speakers I play through headphone. I have Finale 2007 and it is working very well like Reason 4 but this Go does not work. I don't disconnect my Terratec soundcard for Go because other software works but not this GO.

Thanks Ghekorg7

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Disconnect Terratec just once for doing a test with the on board RealTeck and Asio4all to see if it works just out of the computer alone without any external device.
I don't think that will be a problem with Finale and Reason, as they will be off during the test. :-D
Usually out 1 and 2 are the main stereo outs, 3~6 leave alone.

Another question, why use Asio4all since you got Terratec/Asio ????? > Set Jack properties to use Terratec instead of Asio4all, which is for Windows sound system.

See you soon :)

Joku2

I tried old GO which was 0.2. It worked with ASIO4ALL, Reverberate LE so that I could play organ and heard reverb which was wonderful.I tried freeverb, later on, but that did not work with Go 0.2. So I found that go 0.3.0.6 have problerms like freeverb also. I stick to GO 0.2 and Reverberate LE and ASIO4ALL..

Now I like to know what are those numbers 1-30 which GO 0.2 has. How to use them and fppt pedals because I don't know how GO 0.2 should work.

Thanks Ghekorg7

Joku2

HI Ghekorg :)

I forgot to ask how to close portaudio because everytime I close it it crashes my computer.

Thanks

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

hehehe too many in so little space....

Why JackPortaudio crashing ??? odd. Close : right click on top left and select close... or from red x doesn't matter for Jack command prompt.
It doesn't close at once, waits for some other stuff to close first ;-) ... just some sec.
Smells like a conflict with audio over there....

OK. Listen
If GO2 works there so will be GO3 and it's light years away better !

Download these PLEASE:

Jack latest : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28869550/Jack_v1.9.9_32_setup.exe

GO 0306 commit 1081 : http://sourceforge.net/projects/ast...ndOrgue-0_3_0_6_TDM64.win32.1081.exe/download

Un-install both older versions (even GO2) before installing these. Do some registry cleaning if you like too.
Set properties on JackPortaudio.
Open Audio configuration in GO 0306 and select Linear Interpolation with lossless compression ON
Set concurrency at 4 (you got 4 cores)
Set bit rate and sample rate and buffers the same as your soundcard (16/44100, 24/4800 ect) and Jack.
Select JackRouter on audio.
Set midi.
To use savi/ReverberateLE, set "reverb" on GO 0306 at lowest (175ms)

The rest you know :)

Please try these.

There was a time when the first commits of GO v0305 and 06 were crushing here and pissed off I turned for a while to the good old MyOrgan and used my 32bit windows with Jack and reverberate.... :)
It's not like that now.
1081 from Astazou , based on 'e' 's super latest version is a charm to use. Also the multi attack and releases functions along with other great parameters, take off GO 0306 to the top level of VPO software.
Especially the multi release function tends to leave Jack and the other stuff out , concerning the "add reverb" matter on GO evolution.

See you soon, I hope with the good news ! ; :)
Have fun !

e9925248

Do some registry cleaning if you like too.
Open Audio configuration in GO 0306 and select Linear Interpolation with lossless compression ON
The GO defaults can change between versions (eg. samples per block has increased) - users, who already have run an older GO version, will stay at the their "old" settings.

GO keeps user settings in the registry under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Our Organ\GrandOrgue" (there is nothing under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE).
This key can be deleted, with the only consequnce, that all global GO settings of the user are gone. The next GO restart will reset to the defaults.
Organ specific settings are kept in the per-user GrandOrgueData folder (see GO settings dialog for its location).
A simple alternative to deleting this key is to start GO using a newly created windows user account.

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Hi 'e"
Yes. You posted these info in another GO related thread. Thanks again.

I suggested Joku to clean registry, to come up with a clean system and start again from zero and maybe this time he'll be able to spot the problem.
This method served me well in the past with many issues (I spotted mistakes or rushed moves...).
OK then I had to re-do some settings, but not big problem :)

It would be, nevertheless an issue, if user had done many general pistons regs on many sets, for example ....... hmmmmm
Lot's of hours work gone in a minute or so....
But if the target is to get sound... I should sacrifice them... or saved them in a folder elsewhere before cleaning !

Also many times I delete my own settings from user/appdata/roaming ! LOL and do them again after new decisions were made LOL

I just hope that Joku can use 0306 with Jack and reverberateLE in great effect , than to stick with 02......

Joku2

Hi Ghekorg7 and e :)

So I tried again with downloads you suggested but I did not find how to clear registry, I am sorry about that. This time Jack control let did connect with GrandOrgue and SaviHost. When I tried load organ Jeaux Stiehr Mocker it loaded and there was an error note which said: Invalid integer value"/Divisional068/ShortcutKey":
Error details said: Invalid Integer value "/Disional001/ShortcutKey":
:
:
Invalid Integer value "/Divisional0068/ShortcutKey"

So, When I chose some circle and played keyboard Yamaha PSR-225 down virtual keyboard showed red line in GO virtual keyboard where I pressed but no sound at all.

Thanks Ghekorg7 and e

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

This error doesn't affect the sound at all Joku :)

It's because on Jeuxdorgues SM organ odf (.organ file) there are no values for computer keys shortcuts for divisionals ect.
Don't bother solving this at the moment, but if you want you can open the .organ file with word pad or better with notepad++ (free) and either type the shortcut number you want, or delete ShortcutKey= command if you don't need one :)

If you don't know the code numbers for shortcuts there are in help file (press F1).

Eusing free registry cleaner software is one :-D

Now the main thing : sound.

Did GO has sound alone (no savihost yet) after you open Jackrouter and loaded organ?
When you open Savihosted ReverberateLE did you hear some tiny click when ready ?
If these are yes, you must get wet sound after connect GO to Savi....

Does Terratec controls exclusively the sound of your computer (windows audio settings) ?

Has Terratec its own Asio driver? If so, there's a conflict with Asio4all.

Do you see Terratec on device menu on both GO and Savi?

You must give some more details ... I'm trying to understand why there is no sound over there..... :-(

Joku2

I wrote an hour to answer your guestions but this poor Magle forum did not post Quick Reply did not send it, It went to bit heaven, so I am very angry :-(

To answer your questions why GO 0.2 works like an angel with GrandOrgue reverb instructions but GO 0.3.0.6 does not. Go 0.2 works also Terratec: Asio for DMX 6fire driver but GO 0.3.0.6 does not.

Go 0.3.0.6 did give drum sound when I opened just Go. But when I loaded organ jeax StiehrMockler organ no sound. Reverberate Le did have little click when loaded. Terratec controls computer sound Terratec Dmx 6fire midi and dmx 6fire Wave for audio. Terratec has its own asio: Asio for Dmx 6fire 24/96 -driver. Reason 4 has sample rate 4800, buffer size 1024 when GO has sample rate 44100, buffer size 512. Should concerreny Level be 4? Should Release concerreny Level be 4. I also made 2 mistakes when I first time set GO, I did not set lossles ON. And I made an error obeying instructions in GO reverb instructions. Should I assembled Jack and GO for fresh start. Jack also gave error in Jack Portaudio after I opened GO: JackEngine::ClientCloseAux wait error ref = 2. Jack error after loading organ StierM; JackEngine::ClientCloseAux wait error ref = 3. I see in GO and Savi device Terratec.

Thanks Ghekorg7

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Hi Joku ! :-D

It happened to me also !
I had written a long post explaining things and lost it as you describe...
So in such cases I first type on a simple text file then copy/paste LOL

Now things are clearer :)

Jack closes the audio from GO3 when load organ.
I don't think you can use both Terratec(with its own Asio) AND Asio4all at the same time.

Did Reason is open during this ???????!! (it shouldn't)

Use Terratec on both Jack and GO and post how it went.

Concurrency at 4 is OK since you got 4 cores.
Lossless Yes with linear interpolation.

Anyway, if no...joy.... Stiehr Mockers with Jack and LE on GO2 is extra fine... after all, as is, this organ cannot have all features of GO3.., like temperaments ect .
It needs update.

See you soon

Joku2

Hi Ghekorg7 and e :)

I tested before with Reason 4 that Terratec Asio driver was running because sometimes Terratec soundcard driver is not running

So I tested GO3 with terratec Asio driver, this time following orders and registry cleaning. When I loaded GO3
and set linear,lossless and JackRouter all did go well. When I did like instructions said for GO3 Jack Portaudio
loaded well.Then I opened GO3 and got Error note in GO; RtAudio: Stream is not open. Jack Portaudio said: Driver is not running
CheckRes: error
JackRequest:: ClientOpen write error name = Grand Organ

Then I loaded Savihost when again Jack Portaudio said: Driver is not running .

I have done also some testing with GO 0.2. When I first try without Jack and Reverberate Le set, Terratec Asio driver
and midi so I can play jeux SM organ and everything plays like a dream.

When I tested Asio4ALL v2 and Jackportaudio GO 0.2 and Reverberate LE there is reverb and play almost like a dream
little noise in the backround.

When I tried to Terratec Asio driver GO 0.2, Reverberate LE, Savi, I did not have success at all.First Portaudio worked on
then opened Go 0.2 and an error note; RTApi: unable to open specified device(s)
with given stream parameteters:RtApiAsio( hardware input or output is not present or available.
Initializing driver (JackRouter) .

Thanks Ghekorg7 and e

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Hi Joku again :)

>"When I tested Asio4ALL v2 and Jackportaudio GO 0.2 and Reverberate LE there is reverb and play almost like a dream
little noise in the backround."

Super sound, yes I know, drives me back in 2010 when I first tested the above setup :-D Good !
This has a small problem though as SM organ has a little reverb on its own and so, you send also reverb to the reverb. With GO 03 now we can set organ's "reverb" ie releases at lowest (175ms) and then add LE reverb with Jack or ReaRouteAsio (Reaper).
The result is fantastic and more natural ! Of course dry sets don't need that :)

Hmmm... Nevertheless, this means that terratec at that moment was closed , yes?

So, this leads me to ask you again : Can you try Asio4All v2/Jackportaudio/RevLE AND GO 0.3 ?? (no terratec, as you did above...)

>"Then I opened GO3 and got Error note in GO; RtAudio: Stream is not open. Jack Portaudio said: Driver is not running
CheckRes: error
JackRequest:: ClientOpen write error name = Grand Organ

Then I loaded Savihost when again Jack Portaudio said: Driver is not running . "

Are you sure you have done the specific properties on Jackportaudio (right click/properties/Target) and set there Terratec as driver ????
Because if you did , how Asio4All is working?
It shouldn't....

Check please and try to post what is written there (target) :) :-D
Jack must "know" the driver you want (one...), if not specified, it runs with the default windows one, MME or Direct sound and in default buffer/rate (512/44100).

Have some more fun !