Sparky's Magic Piano

Pamadu

Civilian
smile.gif
Now "The Captain needs some Help"
Recorded & Released approx late 1940's or early 50's on a 3 record set of 78's.(HMV). Never put on LP as far as I know.
However,it did appear again as an "animated Video" in 1989.
Title: "Sparky's Magic Piano"
A wonderful little story for children & adults,with a little boy who will not practice.He falls asleep & A dream starts.. The Piano then starts "talking" to him...Then it leads him into playing Grand Works....fooling his Mother & Music teacher...and Sparky then becomes a "Concert Pianist".....It all comes undone, in the middle of a Big Concert, when Piano refuses to play anymore. etc.etc. Then Sparky wakes up out of his "Dream" and then promises his Folks and Teacher to practice. Some Nice Classical Pieces are on this. I have had 2 Sets of the Records and Picked up the Video in 1989...
BUT loaned them out.....and They never came back.
bawling.gif

The Original 78's are worth a lot of Money now as "Collectors Items"......Any information would be appreciated....Cheers
cheers444.gif
Pamadu/Paul.

EDIT.!!!!!!!! Have Found the 1987 Video
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/SparkysMagicPiano-1019542/preview.php

BUT it looks like "The Auction Rooms" for the Old Records.
grin.gif
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
EDIT.!!!!!!!!!!
I will pay whatever price($$$$$) if These original 78's can be tracked down.
grin.gif
within reason hehehehe
smile.gif

Pamadu

Civilian
smile.gif
Thanks Thomas.....I have EVERY Naxos Organ CD and never looked futher.....Have orderd it today. But will still look for "the Original 78's". Will let you know how I go.
Cheers Paul
smile.gif

Pamadu

Civilian
smile.gif
I have the Video Coming Thomas....and also thanks for the first link "we collect". I have ordered it on CD at $65-00 with the other stories.as well as the NAXOS CD
smile.gif
I sound like a big kid hehehe.
smile.gif
but it is very well done,and is still very relevant...also still a good thing for young ones to hear.
However,I did ask them about the original 78's...and
shocked.gif
they said around US$1500-2000 might get me the 3 record set.mmmmmmmmmmmm will give that a miss i think. Cheers.
cheers444.gif
Paul.
EDIT.!!!!!!!
BTW....when you read all about "sparky's magic piano" in the first link http://www.wecollect2.com/Sparky's%20Magic%20Piano.htm I was NOT one of those boys learning piano in the 1940's that always was given a copy of it..hehehehehe
grin.gif
i am more fascinated by the use of the "Sonovox" and also being a music teacher....grrrrrrrrr.
forget the number of times i have told kids to "practice,practice,practice" till i am red in the face.
grin.gif

Pamadu

Civilian
smile.gif
WELL.!!!!!!!!! I have Got My 3 Set 78's....And will NOT tell anyone what a Furious Bidding session there was on an Internet Auction AND the Price Paid.Suffice to say that My "Mastercard" is in need of a "Serious Injection of Funds". However it was worth it. I really do suggest that People have a look at this, in its "re-released form" and cheaper price. The Video is Surperb.!!!!!!!!!!!..in Animation etc.The CD's are an Enhanced piece of work and technology,from the original master tapes/78's.....
cheers444.gif
Pamadu/Paul.
P.S. Think my mention of this and coming in as No.1 on "Google" the other day,stirred up The Collectors...hehehe
grin.gif

"So the Case is Closed"
smash.gif
& many Thanks Thomas for your Links...(will bring your commission with me if I make it to Denmark)
whistling2.gif