Chopin fans!!

Basia

Czesc ('hey' in polish) to all the Chopin fans! Just wanted to put up a note to all the Chopin fans to ask what you think about his music.
To me personally, his music is some-what animated. Once I have a moment to myself I sit down, close my eyes and not only listen to his music, but feel it. And if you listen close enough... you can swear your with him there, watching his fingers glide.
crazy.gif
Hmmm! Just give us a hollar on what are your favourite pieces, and what you love about them.

I really love Prelude in B flat minor Op. 28 - listen to this one, doesn't it sound like someone is lost in New Yorks busy city? But my most adored is Scherzos in B flat minor Op. 31 and Fantaise-Impromptu in C sharp minor Op. 66.

Be glad to hear from you.

I'll be attatching Prelude in B flat minor Op. 28 for you to enjoy it as much as I have. Enjoy
smile.gif

Polacy prosze odezwaj sie! Byd bylo milo wiedziec ze tu polacy laza.

apfel_ng

Hi, I like Chopin too, I do admire his Scherzo in B flat minor Op.31 and recently my teacher get me to play his Rondo in C minor, Op.1. Although It's not a popular repertoire, but i love it too. It's quite a fun piece to play.

Its seems that you are quite fond of repertoires in minor keys, aren't you? Few days ago i list down my repertoire lists learned during past 12 months, and i surprisingly discover that, none is in major key.

Please forgive me for my poor english usage, i may not express my thoughts well.

Last time i read a quotation from a Book (chinese version), there's a quote by Schumann, he said Chopin's music is just like a cannon in the flowerbeds (well, it's word by word translation).

To me, i think his music is elegant, and sometimes quite heroic. But sometimes i still feel there's some sense of 'melancholy' in it.

Well, thats part of my opinion. Nice to meet you.

Gareth

Commodore of Water Music
Yeah, I love his Scherzo in B flat minor, have also seen the sheet music for it too, you would be suprised how spaced out it is with the fast notes at the beginning, they are only Semiquavers would you believe.

Cheers
Gareth.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Hello, pozdrawiam Cię serdecznie, Basiu. Polacy czasem się tu pojawiają:). And now in english:). Hello everyone. One of my favorite pieces is ballade in f minor. I think it's great, however ballades in g minor, f major and a flat major are also good. Correct me if I wrote keys wrong. I'm not sure if that's how it is in english;)

methodistgirl

I like the piece that was used in "Could it be Magic" by Berry Manilow.
It even sounds good on the pipe organ. I forgot what the piece is called
but it's real pretty.
judy tooley

Andrew Roussak

Fryderyk Chopin is definitely one of my favourite composers, and there is one Nocturne of him that absolutely drives me mad every time I exercise it. This is an Op.37 N 2, 6/8, G-Dur. Surely one can bring it safely from the beginning to the end , even at the aproppriate speed, but nevertheless one has to be extremely cautious not to break his fingers on the way! Though - a truly wonderful piece, with a constant key change ( the given key G-Dur is only a reference , you may as well forget about it after the first 4 bars!! )

Cheers,
Andrew

toejamfootball

I am fairly new to Classical Music but, is there anyone who dosn't like Chopin at all? If there is they must be crazy. Now I have a question. Who performs Chopins music the best? :grin:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Yay!!! RoJo is back from vacation. Yes, Arthur Rubinstein is my fav for Chopin interpretations.

rojo

(Ret)
Well, not so much on vacation. I've got a few things going on at the moment, on top of teaching a lot, so I've got less time right now. But I'll be around. Thanks for the enthusiasm! :)

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Sorry to hear that you did not really get some time to *recreate* yourself. The treadmill of life can sap the strength out of just about everybody.