my absence lately

musicteach

Hi all! So you may of (but probably didn't) notice that I've been kinda MIA the past couple of weeks. Well that would be because November is one of the busiest times of the year for me! Marching band is normally coming to a close, and concert band is getting into full swing. Always have holiday concert preparations by this point in time, which for the concert band, isn't a lot of time! This year has been exceptionally hectic. As we're competing in the Spring, the marching band isn't winding down at all. They are infact, already getting ready for the Spring (most are very excited already). Concert band is in full swing, and they've already gotten the two harder pieces that I've given them decently ready.

A couple of Fridays ago was incredibly hectic all of its own accord. I went to a funeral for my wife's Uncle, and I then went to the wedding of a good friend of mine. Myself along with a couple other people played for the ceremonies. Then we had an away football game after school.

I do, also, want to take this moment to wish everybody a happy and safe Thanksgiving, since it's right around the corner! I'm very excited for that, my oldest two are home for the week.

musicteach

You may be away from the forum, but always in our thoughts. ;)

teddy
Heh thanks :) I play with a small orchestra of about twenty (all of us being music teachers/professionals/music students) and one of our violin/trumpet players was who got married. Myself, another of our violins, and a viola played at the ceremonies for her. We're a unique little orchestra and we switch instruments based on what we need the most. We do a lot of charity work and such. It's a lot of fun, chance for old dogs like me to actually get some play time in. It's a little hectic, as like I said we're all professional musicians or music teachers or college music students etc but we make it work.