Welcome to the Science & Technology Forum!

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome to the Science & Technology Forum. This is a forum dedicated to discussions of all matters related to science and technology - including, but not limited to: computers, gadgets, internet, software, scientific discoveries, and other news from the science and tech-world.

Enjoy! :)

Kind regards
Frederik Magle
Administrator

sparky

Electronic prompter

Hi all has anyone come across a novel idea (I am sure I have seen this idea used on stage) that would cut down the amount of gear we performers have to carry about ie music, words for songs, prompts for live shows when the audience call for a particular song that you have not done :banghead: for a long time, a small LCD screen that fits on a mic stand & can be used to call up words or music as programmed into it. It would be nice to be able to carry around your complete repertoire in a small electronic box:clap:

Gareth

Commodore of Water Music
Did everyone hear about the mission to the orbit of pluto, they sent it about a month ago, it is a ten year journey.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi all has anyone come across a novel idea (I am sure I have seen this idea used on stage) that would cut down the amount of gear we performers have to carry about ie music, words for songs, prompts for live shows when the audience call for a particular song that you have not done :banghead: for a long time, a small LCD screen that fits on a mic stand & can be used to call up words or music as programmed into it. It would be nice to be able to carry around your complete repertoire in a small electronic box:clap:

Hi Sparky ...

I've seen this sort of thing recently, but with a Palm Pilot, when a pastor preached his sermon from the scrolling display. My only concern is that one would have to totally "wing it" should the batteries fail during a presentation or performance. :smirk: