Overcrowding

Dorsetmike

It seems commuters going in to London tend to pack into thr front of the trains - less distance to the ticket barrier and thus they hope quicker to get to the Tube (underground trains) for continuing their journey.

This has given rise to some suggestions from the traveling public

Why not put more coaches at the front?
!!!

There are a lot of nearly empty trains running on Sundays, why not put some of those on at rush hour to ease the overcrowding?

Some years ago during the Autumn there were problems with leaves accumulating on the tracks causing loss of adhesion so trains had wheel slip when starting and skidding when trying to stop, some bright spark in the publicity blamed the lateness of trains on "the wrong sort of leaves" !!

The last couple of days of heavy rains have caused some serious flooding on the tracks near here ( they use 3rd rail electric not overhead cable) so power is off)

Thinks: maybe the wrong sort of water?

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
They have the same sort of problems in Sweden with "leaves on the rails"...??? Its an easy scapegoat to blame it all on the leaves...

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Why have politicians when the public can come up with the solutions?

marval

They even claimed one year that is was the wrong type of snow.

I used to commute to London, I never really worried about where I sat. In fact I was lucky if I got a seat at all.

teddy

Duckmeister
I have not been on a main line train for years. It was cheaper to drive a Porsche than take a train.

teddy