PDA

View Full Version : What musical instruments do you have?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

sunwaiter
Jan-08-2009, 15:19
wow owning three church organs must be some work!

JONESEY
Jan-09-2009, 10:47
Hi, I don't own them, I play 2 of them for services each month and the third is in the same village I work in. I phoned the Vicar and he agreed to me using it to practice once a week in my lunch time. Very handy it is too.

sunwaiter
Jan-09-2009, 11:08
oh ok, so i guess you don't really have to do all the caring, cleaning and all!

Aristide
Feb-27-2009, 10:09
A pipe organ
A hobo (which I can't play, grmblbl)
A trumpet
All the pipe organs on location where I study and perform (as an organist, I have to go on-site most of the time)

wljmrbill
Mar-01-2009, 08:40
I have down sized since retirement. I have recorder, Casio PX-100 digitgal piano ( 88 keys), Full size Conn organ and can turn into three manual using my keyboard as a third. Keep saying one of these days I will turn them into a 3 manual virtual organ.. We will see. And use my voice too.

JLS
Mar-02-2009, 21:42
Gibson Studio
Ovation acoustic/electric
Pearl drum kit
Casio keyboard
Sax

sopranowannabe
Mar-04-2009, 05:36
Piano
Flute
Double Bass

Bassoonist
Mar-09-2009, 00:32
I have:
A Bassoon.
A Bb Clarinet.
Two Trumpets.
An Alto Saxophone. (that doesn't work.)
A Flute. (which also doesn't work.)
A Keyboard.
A Piano.
A Guitar.
Two Violins.

(The saxophone, piano, guitar, and violins aren't really mine. They are my parents' instruments.)

tinglyear
Mar-31-2009, 18:14
1 baby grand piano
1 upright piano
1 organ
1 keyboard
http://www.photopile.info/img/c/u.gif

Aaron Goodwin
Apr-01-2009, 14:15
bunch o normal guitars
bunch o harmonica's
1 resonator, (cone made by quarterman himself)
1 banjo guitar (resonator built into body)
1 dulcimer
1 mandolin
3 accordions( 3 is not enough)
1 concertina
1 flute
2 piccollo's (one is made of glass)
schwack load of wierd flutes
1 piano falling to pieces in a jam space right now
1 electric piano , for practice
1 voicebox (it's my favorite instrument)

marval
Apr-01-2009, 19:45
Hi Aaron, you have a good collection there.

Welcome to the forum, good to have you here.

Margaret

Cionnaith MacRitch
Apr-23-2009, 16:27
Hey....I got a mess of guitars electric and accoustic....a hammered dulcimer...a really cheap violin....a Rhodes 76 key electric piano that I desperately need a 5 pin connection cord for (ya got one?) ....uh...hmmm...I think there's a saxaphone in the closet upstairs....a penny whistle...a hand held celtic drum that I forget the name of...oh yeah..a mandolin...a harmonica or two...if possession made one a virtuosos I would be there

Aaronorganist20
May-12-2009, 12:34
Harrison & Harrison Durham 2 manual Pipe organ In my home. With Reed Stops.

Steinway & sons Grand Piano

Trumpet , Horn , 3 man Digital Organ , Sons Drum kit

Bagnew
Jul-04-2009, 07:54
Beale Upright Piano
Yamaha YTR6335 Trumpet
MAudio Keystation 49
Kawai X40-D
Bongos (!)
Gretsch 125th Anniversary Twin Cutout Electromatic Guitar
SX Custom Handmade '67 Strat Replica
Ashton Acoustic Guitar
Classical Guitar from the Supermarket (!)
Drumsticks
Palatino Double Bass
MyOrgan (goes with the MAudio Keystation)
At Church: Allen ADC 420

Kodanshi
Jul-05-2009, 09:29
An ocarina!

Liz
Jul-05-2009, 18:46
HI everyone
I used to have all my instruments in one large room in the basement but now, they are all over the house.
I have a beautiful Thomas 1776 Organ with an exquisite antique cabinet. I also play on my Roland FP 7 stage digital piano, and I often switched to my Roland G-70 Workstation. I very seldom play on my Suzuki GP 3 Grand Mini digital piano, looks fabulous but does not sound that good.
I have an Harmony Steel guitar wich reminds me to go and practice it.
Have fun practicing.
Liz

methodistgirl
Jul-06-2009, 00:11
I have two acoustic guitars one a Fender and the other Estaban. I have
a plastic recorder which I will replace with a real wooden one someday,
and a pocket harmonica. I also have my singing voice.
judy tooley

B.Inferno
Jul-10-2009, 11:55
I've got 3 electric guitars,all 3 with scalloppet necks.2 Fender Malmsteen signature strats for practicing,and a Fender Stratocaster from 1972 as main axe.Amp : Marshalls of course !

Jess Chen
Jul-11-2009, 01:43
2 pianos, 2 violins

methodistgirl
Jul-11-2009, 02:22
I used to have a stratacaster with a matching amp. I miss that booger.
judy tooley

SilverLuna
Aug-07-2009, 02:45
I have a cello, flute, violin, and 2 keyboards. But i do play a pipe organ. I know how to play the oboe, but only for 3 months (rented). But what i really play is pipe organ/keyboards (when home), and cello. I don't sing. I have a TERRIBLE voice xD

yhong1026
Aug-07-2009, 03:41
I have a violin,guitar,but I do not know how to play,hmm......it is difficult.:banghead::bawl:

SilverLuna
Aug-07-2009, 04:30
Maybe take lessons? If you want to play, I mean. =] If you put your mind to something, nothing is difficult :D Good luck!

metalftw
Sep-09-2009, 01:19
I have 2 drumsets (Both Tama's) and an Acoustic Bass guitar.

thezonebook
Sep-09-2009, 16:10
More trumpets than I can shake a stick at :) Well, one is for sale at the moment. It's a great instrument (Schilke D/Eb trumpet), but I don't have much use for it thesedays, and I figure it's better off being played.

ljsayat13
Oct-20-2009, 05:24
I have my own electric guitar, acoustic guitar and violin.. But I play most is violin.

Dedomins
Jan-16-2010, 17:36
I have acoustic guitar, electric guitar and piano.

JemsRoker
Jan-16-2010, 17:41
I like music. We mainly use Indian local music tools.

Tritound
Jan-23-2010, 10:31
French horn, piano and electric piano.

OLDUDE
Jan-23-2010, 19:10
none, but would I love to play a piano.
I regularly play the drums but does the coffee table count as an instrument?

methodistgirl
Jan-24-2010, 06:41
I might as well add another instrument to the list of what I all ready
have. Although I play two of them at church. I play the handbells
now at church.
judy tooley

zacheapen
Jan-28-2010, 07:03
I have an Ibanez GRX Electric Guitar, Zoom Multi Effects Processor and Marshall Amps !

JHC
Mar-05-2010, 05:33
My Double Bass was sold quite a few years ago as were other instruments, what I have left in my retirement are: 1 Clarinet, 1 Violin, 1 baroque flute, 1 std flute, 1 treble recorder and a plastic descant recorder which I just can‘t throw away, do I still play them ??? No

Ntalikeris666
Mar-31-2010, 14:34
Who wants to come tune my piano for me? i keep putting it off...that's the most boring thing in the world! blah.. I'm gonna have to do it soon though.. https://www.magle.dk/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

what kinda pianos and stuff do you guys all have? i have an acoustic guitar (a lauren), an electric guitar (a jackson), a classical guitar (can't figure out what this one says on the sticker), an acoustic bass guitar (a fender), and my piano's a conover cable company that's about to turn 100 in a year, my grandma bought it a long time ago and made me learn how to play it or else i wasn't allowed to get any other instrument...so i can play that best of all https://www.magle.dk/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif hehehe

[EDIT: changed title]

Hello there!
Here are the instruments i own:

1) A Piano (Upright Glass Heilbronn hand made 100 years old approx)
2) A digital Pipe organ (Content Mondri 5800)
3) An Acoustic Guitar
4) A Recorder
5) An Alto Flute
6) A Japanese thing (don't remember its name :P)
7) A Toumberleki (A Greek kind of drum lets say)
8) A Pan Flute
9) A 2 manual Synthesizer (Roland AT-15)

Montefalco
May-26-2010, 14:34
These are the instruments I have at my house (not all of them owned by me)
Upright Piano (Kawai)
Two recorders
Clarinet
Two fifes

Contratrombone64
May-27-2010, 00:33
Montefalco - which one do you play?

Montefalco
May-27-2010, 08:30
CT64 - I play the piano, although I have had rudimentary lessons in recorder as well.

teddy
May-27-2010, 12:16
A beautiful old rosewood upright piano, two acostic guitars- one spanish, two violins - one electric. I have no aptitude at all but enjoy trying to play classical guitar.

teddy

Montefalco
May-27-2010, 12:55
What I'd really like to have is some sort of grand piano, possibly a Steinway, but sadly, it wouldn't fit into my house or my budget.

JHC
May-27-2010, 23:59
What I'd really like to have is some sort of grand piano, possibly a Steinway, but sadly, it wouldn't fit into my house or my budget.

My sister in law has a Baby Grand I don't know the brand but it sounds good

Contratrombone64
May-28-2010, 00:01
I've never played or heard a baby grand that I liked, they have a certain woosey quality. In fact, a top of the line upright is a better deal in many ways.

Montefalco
May-28-2010, 00:15
I have played on a few baby grands, and maybe one or two concert grands. The baby grands are good if you want to get a lot of loud passages, however I think that concert grands can capture a larger range of dynamics, and with a nicer tonal quality than the babies. Uprights capture a good range of dynamics, and have a nice tonal quality as well, however they can capture quieter dynamics, unlike concert grands which capture louder dynamics.

JHC
May-28-2010, 00:18
I've never played or heard a baby grand that I liked, they have a certain woosey quality. In fact, a top of the line upright is a better deal in many ways.

I do agree a good upright can sound excellent, one of our local music group had his Boesendorfer sent over from S.A and it is a beauty:)

Montefalco
May-29-2010, 12:13
I forgot to mention, I also have a didgeridoo.

teddy
May-29-2010, 21:15
which I believe is nicknamed the didgeredont

chippica
May-30-2010, 21:37
I own piano (Schlögl ), clavinova Yamaha, and I am collecting little drums, flutes, ect. because I want to open music school for little kids ( 3-6 years) so they can be introduce to music as soon as possible.
It would be a great game for them and also a good way to learn something while they are playing and maybe it could help them to decide what instrument to play in the future.

Contratrombone64
May-31-2010, 00:59
Small kids just love all things music, and it sorts out the tone deaf from the talentless.

JHC
May-31-2010, 01:54
I own piano (Schlögl ), clavinova Yamaha, and I am collecting little drums, flutes, ect. because I want to open music school for little kids ( 3-6 years) so they can be introduce to music as soon as possible.
It would be a great game for them and also a good way to learn something while they are playing and maybe it could help them to decide what instrument to play in the future.

Try a few Ukuleles the kids will love em

Contratrombone64
May-31-2010, 02:28
Colin, good to see your cold's cleared up ... love the rare, hugely expensive, black pearl neckless, by the way.

Montefalco
Jun-01-2010, 12:13
which I believe is nicknamed the didgeredont
Only if it's played badly :grin:
When I went to Italy a few years ago, I saw someone busking on the didgeridoo. They obviously hadn't mastered the method of breathing needed to play it properly, because they were very red in the face from breathing out so hard. However, they had amazing breath control, because they were able to play for minutes on end without breathing.

JHC
Jun-02-2010, 00:39
Only if it's played badly :grin:
When I went to Italy a few years ago, I saw someone busking on the didgeridoo. They obviously hadn't mastered the method of breathing needed to play it properly, because they were very red in the face from breathing out so hard. However, they had amazing breath control, because they were able to play for minutes on end without breathing.

If we are on about the same thing it is called rhythmic breathing, I came across it when I played flute but I never managed to master it, I have a Vinyl of James Galway who uses it in a piece by Paganini called 'Moto Perpetuo' Op11 the title should be self explanatory, it goes on for several minutes and you cannot detect where he draws breath, most impressive

Montefalco
Jun-02-2010, 07:43
Yes, that Moto Perpetuo is impressive. I heard it played on the trumpet on the radio a while back.
It sounds like the same technique, although I think there is another one called circular breathing, where you continuously breath out through your mouth while inhaling through your nose.

JHC
Jun-02-2010, 09:30
You are quite right Circular it is, it has been so long and my memory seems to be a bit faulty:o

chippica
Jun-03-2010, 12:48
Try a few Ukuleles the kids will love em

Thanx, I will! ;)

Railton2
Jun-27-2010, 23:26
I have alot! But I only play the guitar

3 Electric Guitars
5 Acoustic Guitars
Harmonica
And alot of other I can't remember the name of

Povster
Jul-11-2010, 04:17
I have a rudra veena (my main instrument), a Hiren Roy #1 sitar, a Hiren Roy studio sitar (playable accoustically or electric), an unnamed tanpura from many years ago nicely battle scarred but wonderful tone, a Saraswati veena (South India) and a Phakawaj (drum).

Montefalco
Jul-11-2010, 08:43
That's an exotic collection Povster.

Povster
Jul-11-2010, 08:59
Hi Montefalco,

For my music it is pretty much un-exotic. LOL (This is the INTERNATIONAL Music Forum!) ;)

Anyways, here is a photo of them:

from top to bottom:

Tanpura
Hiren electrified sitar (smaller of the two - on the left)
Hiren main sitar ( on the right)
Saraswati Veena
Rudra Veena (my main instrument now)

jvhldb
Jul-11-2010, 18:10
I just bought 2 Tin/Penny/Irish wistles, in C and D. I think my mom is going to elect to have her ear drums pierced before I'll manage to play them.

JHC
Jul-12-2010, 06:56
I just bought 2 Tin/Penny/Irish wistles, in C and D. I think my mom is going to elect to have her ear drums pierced before I'll manage to play them.
Do you like Irish folk music?? I have been a fan for years (The Chieftains, the Dubliners etc)

Montefalco
Jul-12-2010, 12:32
Hi Povster

Some nice looking instruments there, espcially the Rudra Veena.

jvhldb
Jul-12-2010, 19:01
Do you like Irish folk music?? I have been a fan for years (The Chieftains, the Dubliners etc)

I love it, but I've never been able to play it:p (maybe with a single voice instrument I might have better luck:crazy:).

Bagnew
Jul-13-2010, 02:36
Since my last post, the Double Bass has gone back to school, but I have acquired a Rotary Valved Flueglehorn, and a wonderful 1969 Selmer Paris Piccolo Trumpet :-)

JHC
Jul-13-2010, 05:07
Since my last post, the Double Bass has gone back to school, :-)

You play double bass! I used to but sold it quite a few years back. what type of music did play?

Corno Dolce
Jul-13-2010, 10:45
Just received my *Vienna Horn* made by Hans Pizka.

Lusaka_Guitarist
Jul-27-2010, 13:46
I have a Santa fe Classical Guitar, an SX guitar amp and an Electronic keyboard of insiginificant brand (I can't even remeber its name).

Lovemore Nanjaya.

aloof
Aug-22-2010, 22:57
I've got a piano "Ukraina", a handmade electronic drum set :), Zildjian ZHT cymbal set, and TAMA Iron Cobra pedal.
And there's much more stuff in my dreams!!! :)

Bagnew
Sep-20-2010, 12:27
You play double bass! I used to but sold it quite a few years back. what type of music did play?

Mostly Classical stuff in the school's String Orchestra (when I wasn't playing piano for them), though I dabbled in Jazz Bass for a while (then gave up on Upright Bass and went back to trumpet and other various instruments, though I still occasionally play a little bass (small amount of bass, not a small bass))

aat
Sep-20-2010, 12:44
I have a Content organ D2600. 2 manuals and pedaal.

JHC
Sep-21-2010, 04:15
Mostly Classical stuff in the school's String Orchestra (when I wasn't playing piano for them), though I dabbled in Jazz Bass for a while (then gave up on Upright Bass and went back to trumpet and other various instruments, though I still occasionally play a little bass (small amount of bass, not a small bass))
People don't realise how much pain you go through when learning bass particularly pizzicato in jazz, even the left hand fingers go through hell until you get hardened

naDiNawasA
Sep-24-2010, 01:01
I had 3 folk guitars, all guitar-napped by my sister, and a yamaha keyboard..I want to have another guitar, but can't afford to buy one anymore.. :(

teddy
Sep-26-2010, 21:29
You can pick up a classical with imperfections to the finish for about £30.00. I learned to play on one and still have it. Nothing wrong with it, just does not sound so subtle as a solid top, but better than nothing.

teddy

naDiNawasA
Sep-26-2010, 21:33
Thanks Teddy... I might.. I just might :)

steinwaygirl
Oct-05-2010, 05:41
Well, music is a part of me. I love playing musical instrument and singing. I have the piano, flute, ocarina and guitar.

Bagnew
Oct-05-2010, 05:53
Picked up a ridiculously cheap Selmer 1401 Bb Clarinet yesterday - my first "serious" foray into woodwind instruments (I've played very small amounts of bass clarinet and descant recorder previously)