Hi, Johnson from Malaysia

yohanus

Am i the first malaysian organist to be here ? Just wondering...since there is no selection on the time zone of Malaysia during the selection...

Anyway, im very happy to be here as a member, currently has been posted from a organist of a small keyboard in a small church to my local cathedral with the famous Henry Will. Pipe organ... Am very new to this giant machine with MORE pedals...i got bunch of questions...

teddy

Duckmeister
Hello and welcome to the forum. We look forward to any photos you might post, and also soundtracks, especially if they feature you playing

teddy

John Watt

yohanus! I'm Canadian, close to Niagara Falls, and I watch "The Telelatino Network".
They have a music contest between the Philapinos and is it Malaysians?
It's only in their language, so I don't understand, but the bands are wonderful.
And admit it, your fingers push the strings a little too!
Thank you for learning proper English, from someone who's only Scottish.

Last edited:

wljmrbill

welcome to the forums. I replied to your other post. Are you an organist? or pianist having to play organ.. you mentioned the Willis..what Cathedral is it and where. ?as I have friends in Malaysia who play.

yohanus

Hi, im from St Mary Cathedral of Kuala Lumpur, you may wikipedia it for the pipe organ also. As a Malaysians, we are being educated in at least 3 language since our alma matter. But my english are not very well written and spoken too.

I will upload some picture of my local poor pipe organ, which seems to be abit not functioning in one or two stops and some leakage at the wind system.

yohanus

20100911279.jpg

20100911277.jpg

I do not have a photo of the pipe organ facade view now, will take a photo this coming Sunday.

John Watt

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been moved to the pipe organ forum.
My friend Rubini Tauro says to say Hi!

wljmrbill

My what an old instrument or so it looks. Tracker action too it appears. Not alot of ranks it also appears for a cathedral organ: but that may depend on aquistics and reverb in the nave too. Have fun learnign to use this classic. I am sure it would be fun to play.

yohanus

This is a tracker pipe organ, very very old one...with "click - clack" sounds when you played it, only sometimes the key may get stuck in middle half way, you will need to pull the key up while playing. The pipe are very dusty, the only reed pipe stop is not functioning which is a very sad sad things when i saw theres a sticker place there written - DO NOT PULL... But i will propose to the Dean to have an at least a overall cleaning in the pipe organ pipes chamber, then the mechanical parts will really need someone to help to repair it. Anyone knows any pipe organ repairer in Malaysia ?

John Watt

I see your problem about keys getting stuck and having to pull them up.
In case you have problems holding keys down,
when I saw Deep Purple in 1970, Jon Lord would use a knife, sticking it in between keys,
holding them down that way.
Okay, okay, he was jabbing them into the sides of the organ too,
but that only illustrated what the song was all about.

wljmrbill

Might try google or bing search engines to start. I'll see what I can find... by the way dust in a pipe chamber can cause a world of problems as well as affect the tracker action..you have to trace the links from the key on....

Last edited: