P McCARTNEY.

umlietung

Did anyone except me ever buy PMcCartney's "Ecce Cor Meum" personally i fell asleep half way through listening(not quite), but maybe because i do not have a religious bone in my body i missed the whole point.
What's the general consensus of opinion on this one, sad to say i would struggle a 3/10 for this turkey. Scott.

John Watt

I'm not hunting you down, umlietung, but your Scottish input is more than interesting to me.

I've never heard or seen Paul McCartney's "Ecce Cor Meum",
probably another of his trying to write great music to match his reputation.
Even his James Bond theme and Band on the Run tunes pushed rock past it's limit.

I'm not sure what you mean by "I would struggle a 3/10 for this turkey",
but please, as a global observer, I'd refrain from saying you don't have a religious bone in your body.
There aren't any anatomical artifacts in Scotland you could implant in your body,
but not everyone understands Scotland as the source of Christianity, not just a religion,
ever since they fled persecution in the Meditteranean, north of Hadrian's Wall.
That was a nice way to avoid all the prophecied plagues and black deaths, and inquisitions.

This thread might get moved to the rock section,
I never bought a Beatles album, hearing them everywhere,
and playing their songs from "The Golden Beatles Songbook",
that everyone and their aunt seemed to have.
I still do "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", but I only start off like the record.
"Dark are the skies above, blue are the seas,
I know this love of mine, will never die,
and I love her". Nice!

Last edited:

umlietung

I'm not hunting you down, umlietung, but your Scottish input is more than interesting to me.

I've never heard or seen Paul McCartney's "Ecce Cor Meum",
probably another of his trying to write great music to match his reputation.
Even his James Bond theme and Band on the Run tunes pushed rock past it's limit.

I'm not sure what you mean by "I would struggle a 3/10 for this turkey",
but please, as a global observer, I'd refrain from saying you don't have a religious bone in your body.
There aren't any anatomical artifacts in Scotland you could implant in your body,
but not everyone understands Scotland as the source of Christianity, not just a religion,
ever since they fled persecution in the Meditteranean, north of Hadrian's Wall.
That was a nice way to avoid all the prophecied plagues and black deaths, and inquisitions.

This thread might get moved to the rock section,
I never bought a Beatles album, hearing them everywhere,
and playing their songs from "The Golden Beatles Songbook",
that everyone and their aunt seemed to have.
I still do "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", but I only start off like the record.
"Dark are the skies above, blue are the seas,
I know this love of mine, will never die,
and I love her". Nice!
Recently came back from Amalfi in the Sorrentine Coast of Italy, and while we were there we visited St Andrews Cathedral in the town of Amalfi, very beatiful and peaceful.We jocks avoid/ed the plague like the plague and other such commodities even though they were free of charge.
Ecce Cor Meum was as stated a choral work but i don't believe that he really gave it a lot of thought though not understanding the message didn't help me.I know he premiered it in Liverpool Cathedral and for some some reason i bought it, t'wasn't flying off the shelves i might add.Anyway it seemed to sink without trace, possibly even PM couldn't have written a better demise in any song.
Have you in fact ever seen Hadrians Wall, tis a wee bit wee and not a lot to say about it, seems to me that if you were anything over 1 ft in height it was no problem to step over.
Bearing in mind that the damn thing couldn't keep the English out anyway, Hadrian may have been better employed fitting double glazing, but then those reprehensible English would have probably just smashed on through.
Might i wonder and suggest that it's been a deal of time since Paul M did anything of relevance in the music world, indeed i wonder is he relevant at all any more, i personally find the Beatles to be nothing more than a thing of their time, and that time is long gone. I suggest it's left where it belongs.
When you say you do MGGW did i previously ask are you a Saturday Night Club turn, or in fact a globetrotting troubador of the western world and beyond.
My dog gently weeps before me as her never ending dog bowl seems empty.
That may well be a fine title for my next project, While The Dog Bowl and Dog Gently Weeps.
"Hoots Mon Help Ma Boab Who Dae Ye Think Ye Are, It's The Toe O Ma Boot Ye'll Get If Ye Go Too Far"(think of a march timing for the last two highlighted lines.) and for a moment you expected Lord Rockingham and that moose that was loose aboot his hoose. Let me explain the turkey ref. If someone was to ask for my opinion of the PM choral work, i would respond, "out of 10 ?, i'd struggle to award it 3 as its doomed to fail, like an Xmas turkey awaiting the End".
If this does go rocky, i'll see you on the other side. Scott.

John Watt

You've got me thinking about you more than myself, quite an accomplishment.

One of the best things that ever happened to me, travelling across Canada in bands,
was playing an air force base in Gander, Newfoundland, a three day stay with one performance.
It took a lot of effort, and signing waivers in the building and at the gates,
to get permission to walk off the base, everyone saying I will die when the sun goes down.
It was February, and the snow was over six feet deep, but it was a sunny day.
An Inuit elder stopped his car, wanting to warn me, and he invited me along,
travelling to visit wintering Inuit in the abandoned American military base.
What an incredible day! The huskies liked me, or I wouldn't have met other Inuit,
they showed me how to see the wolves that were lurking, overseeing their offspring,
and he took me out past the sight of land on a big skidoo, having to learn to walk all over again,
that arctic ice being only too hard and smooth.
I heard The Great Spirit, and that made me a Northern Canadian.

Not physically out of Canada,
I posted about my inventive electric guitar in Gumtree, the Kijiji in Scotland,
in the city my parents told me I should go to if I ever need to leave Canada, and want help.
I didn't get a lot of replies from guitarists, so I posted in four other cities,
and only after that did I see that you can only post in your own city,
and that advertising from lawyers and patent people were below my description.
Not only was that nice,
but the female owner of Egglist, I think, a new online entity,
offered me free top of the page for life if I posted my photos and descriptions there.
That's when I decided I better refinish my guitar to look good in real life, not just online.
And that's still where I'm at, after that year's protest mayoral campaign created so much criminal action against me,
I had to move eight times in six months, lasting only two days in one rental apartment.

That's a wonderful thing you typed, saying "we jocks avoid/ed the plague like the plague and other such commodities,
even though they were free of charge".
Like they say over here, the first one's free, and I'm getting beat because I don't even want that.

I'm loyal to Frederik Magle's domain, the only music forum I read and write in,
so my lack of furthering contact might seem disconcerted.
That's typing disconcerted the way I type that the Conductor liked to conduct my girlfriend around.
It's nice to have symphonic friends, and very sympathetic friends, as yourself.
Hadrian's Wall did come down, without shedding any blood. Erosion never sleeps.
Neil Young got "Rust Never Sleeps" from the packaging of a local automotive product.

Please consider me, living near Niagara Falls, as a real life resource for you.
"Sent A Mental Signs", your art on our minds,
"Gigsters", music, inventive electric systems and acoustic enhancements, and a band,
and "Sandy Feate, Peninsula-wide Nature Guide".
You can get very rocky, if not escarpmental with me.

And thank you again, the as-yet-untitled Frederik Magle, for allowing this wonderfull communication.

Last edited:

umlietung

You've got me thinking about you more than myself, quite an accomplishment.

One of the best things that ever happened to me, travelling across Canada in bands,
was playing an air force base in Gander, Newfoundland, a three day stay with one performance.
It took a lot of effort, and signing waivers in the building and at the gates,
to get permission to walk off the base, everyone saying I will die when the sun goes down.
It was February, and the snow was over six feet deep, but it was a sunny day.
An Inuit elder stopped his car, wanting to warn me, and he invited me along,
travelling to visit wintering Inuit in the abandoned American military base.
What an incredible day! The huskies liked me, or I wouldn't have met other Inuit,
they showed me how to see the wolves that were lurking, overseeing their offspring,
and he took me out past the sight of land on a big skidoo, having to learn to walk all over again,
that arctic ice being only too hard and smooth.
I heard The Great Spirit, and that made me a Northern Canadian.

Not physically out of Canada,
I posted about my inventive electric guitar in Gumtree, the Kijiji in Scotland,
in the city my parents told me I should go to if I ever need to leave Canada, and want help.
I didn't get a lot of replies from guitarists, so I posted in four other cities,
and only after that did I see that you can only post in your own city,
and that advertising from lawyers and patent people were below my description.
Not only was that nice,
but the female owner of Egglist, I think, a new online entity,
offered me free top of the page for life if I posted my photos and descriptions there.
That's when I decided I better refinish my guitar to look good in real life, not just online.
And that's still where I'm at, after that year's protest mayoral campaign created so much criminal action against me,
I had to move eight times in six months, lasting only two days in one rental apartment.

That's a wonderful thing you typed, saying "we jocks avoid/ed the plague like the plague and other such commodities,
even though they were free of charge".
Like they say over here, the first one's free, and I'm getting beat because I don't even want that.

I'm loyal to Frederik Magle's domain, the only music forum I read and write in,
so my lack of furthering contact might seem disconcerted.
That's typing disconcerted the way I type that the Conductor liked to conduct my girlfriend around.
It's nice to have symphonic friends, and very sympathetic friends, as yourself.
Hadrian's Wall did come down, without shedding any blood. Erosion never sleeps.
Neil Young got "Rust Never Sleeps" from the packaging of a local automotive product.

Please consider me, living near Niagara Falls, as a real life resource for you.
"Sent A Mental Signs", your art on our minds,
"Gigsters", music, inventive electric systems and acoustic enhancements, and a band,
and "Sandy Feate, Peninsula-wide Nature Guide".
You can get very rocky, if not escarpmental with me.

And thank you again, the as-yet-untitled Frederik Magle, for allowing this wonderfull communication.
Local automotive products and Neil Young, he's not a man who shies away from advertising, although some of the product he has endorsed may be a lil bit vague for me due to circumstances beyond my control.
And "i'm not singing for Pepsi" either, nor "singing for Bud".
I have a strong interest in the history of the plains Indians and the troubles and downright horrors of what they experienced at the hands of the white man back in the day in the name of progress, and it brought up the thread that i have sometimes noticed in NY's work over the centuries, i cannot fully make out if he has an affinity with the spiritual side of the history.
"Aurora Borealis, the icy sky at night, paddles cut the water in a long and hurried flight", don't'cha just love it.
Another splendid reference from the marvellous Thin Lizzy(this is most certainly gonna end up in the rock forums), "There are folks round here, don't take kindly to the killing of the Buffala-o"
And with that at this point on a chilly Friday morning somewhere around breakfast time in Surrey, i'll take my leave until the bird of Paradise indeed flies up my nose(I'm sure some comedian sang that somewhere, sometime, someday(Is that a reference to a certain West Side Story perhaps, or have i created the proverbial conundrum contained within an enigma
My plate is empty, time for a refill i feel.
Haste ye back laddie.cos "a mans a man for a' that"(see the works of that revered Scottish Jewish Poet, Rabbi Burns) a small but perfectly formed play on words in passing to that auld lad of words.
Scott.

John Watt

umlietung! Just time for a quickie.
"The Treaties of Canada with The Indians,
including
The Negotiations on which they were based,
and other information relating thereto.
by
The Hon. Alexander Morris, P.C.,
Late Lieutenant-Governor of Manitoba, The North-West Territories,
and Kee-Wa-Tin, 1880.
Toronto: Belfords, Clarke & Co.,, Publishers.

If you'd like to hear how the people of the earth in Canada talked,
in aulden times, this is one of the few books left.
"The Rebellion of Pontiac", 1763, the Ottawa chief who united the tribes of Canada,
to kill and drive out the English, is a far better book, but even I can't get another copy.

I'll be back with a link to something new I just saw this week.

umlietung

umlietung! Just time for a quickie.
"The Treaties of Canada with The Indians,
including
The Negotiations on which they were based,
and other information relating thereto.
by
The Hon. Alexander Morris, P.C.,
Late Lieutenant-Governor of Manitoba, The North-West Territories,
and Kee-Wa-Tin, 1880.
Toronto: Belfords, Clarke & Co.,, Publishers.

If you'd like to hear how the people of the earth in Canada talked,
in aulden times, this is one of the few books left.
"The Rebellion of Pontiac", 1763, the Ottawa chief who united the tribes of Canada,
to kill and drive out the English, is a far better book, but even I can't get another copy.

I'll be back with a link to something new I just saw this week.
Interesting selection and they have been duly noted for future reference, might be a tad on the difficult side to locate over here, ebay being the most obvious option, but still no guarantees.
At the moment i am plodding through the definitive(in my opinion) "The Civil War-A Narrative" 1958-74, 3 Volume by Shelby Foote. A weighty and meaty tome.
Foote as you may know was a major contributor of on camera peices in Ken Burns sweeping documentary "The Civil War.This gobbler came in at a cruiserweight price of $79.00 US, had to get it from a seller in Wyoming.
Incidentally i heard some deliciously calming choral during my reflective day in my visit to the Chapel Royal today, i am sadly unaware of which they were, but just when it was required the moment was right and the day was complete, although i did hear my ultimate favourite piece at the moment "Salve Regina" by German Monk, Hermann of Reichenaur in the middle ages, originally done in Latin.Latin of course being the prevalent language of Western Europe until modern times
Later Salve Regina was done as antiphon by GF Handel in 1707
I'm still unsure if i prefer the gregorian style or the Handel Style, but hey who cares, it's glorious and just the tonic the troops needed.
Here endeth another lesson.
"And so to F" small passing reference to Brand X there.
We are just off out to an evenings entertainment with the worlds favourite Australian "Rolf Harris" in London.
Who would have thought that this octogenarian didgeridoo player would have crossed paths back around 74 both recording Sun Arise. Surrealism in music is alive.
There'll be a few kangaroos tied down this night in the capital, but thankfully no further harm should befall them
If you are not careful i may quote from some Glasgow street songs from way back, and as something green once said i think, "you wouldn't like me when i'm quoting street songs" or was it something else?. Weearrapeople!!.

umlietung

Interesting selection and they have been duly noted for future reference, might be a tad on the difficult side to locate over here, ebay being the most obvious option, but still no guarantees.
At the moment i am plodding through the definitive(in my opinion) "The Civil War-A Narrative" 1958-74, 3 Volume by Shelby Foote. A weighty and meaty tome.
Foote as you may know was a major contributor of on camera peices in Ken Burns sweeping documentary "The Civil War.This gobbler came in at a cruiserweight price of $79.00 US, had to get it from a seller in Wyoming.
Incidentally i heard some deliciously calming choral during my reflective day in my visit to the Chapel Royal today, i am sadly unaware of which they were, but just when it was required the moment was right and the day was complete, although i did hear my ultimate favourite piece at the moment "Salve Regina" by German Monk, Hermann of Reichenaur in the middle ages, originally done in Latin.Latin of course being the prevalent language of Western Europe until modern times
Later Salve Regina was done as antiphon by GF Handel in 1707
I'm still unsure if i prefer the gregorian style or the Handel Style, but hey who cares, it's glorious and just the tonic the troops needed.
Here endeth another lesson.
"And so to F" small passing reference to Brand X there.
We are just off out to an evenings entertainment with the worlds favourite Australian "Rolf Harris" in London.
Who would have thought that this octogenarian didgeridoo player would have crossed paths back around 74 both recording Sun Arise. Surrealism in music is alive.
There'll be a few kangaroos tied down this night in the capital, but thankfully no further harm should befall them
If you are not careful i may quote from some Glasgow street songs from way back, and as something green once said i think, "you wouldn't like me when i'm quoting street songs" or was it something else?. Weearrapeople!!.
During the previous i was referring to Rolf H crossing paths with Alice Cooper, just forgot to mention it at the time.

John Watt

I listed some business names I used, as a comeback for your troubadour description,
and it must be glorious, being such a Scotsman travelling the world with your guitar.
I'm always seeing the straight and narrow, and resting to let these sceneries sink in.
Compared to you, I'm itinerant, and happy to be so.

Rolf Harris does get around, but your "tie me kangaroo down, sport" reference refers to someone with a few global pop hits.
Lenny Kravitz, someone I see as a retro recording artist, in a groovy and soulfull way,
has Natalie Imbruglia, Nicolle Kidman, and Kylie Minogue crediting him with sexing them up and making them adult artists.

When "Pretties for You" was out with no radio play,
Alice Cooper played at a Port Colborne high school,
and hung out at a drop-in center in St. Catharines,
before the evening of their arena concert. I was there.
A few friends of mine went to Buffalo next for their six-nighter.
Some of them still have a hammer or pillow on the rec room wall.
Back then Alice hammering on mike stand and fluffing feathers everywhere.
The band was a mellower, slower version of "The Allman Brothers",
jamming it out and acting out their stagewear.

I really like it when my sentences self-register even with punctuation.
You're bringing that out of me, a constant inspiration, yesserbobberie!

Last edited:

teddy

Duckmeister
PM has always had his head a little to far up his backside for my likeing. Loved the Beatles, still do. Thanks to John Lennon for teaching P M to play guitar. How does he repay him? By trying to change the labels to McCartney and Lennon. I enjoyed Band on the Run but since the Beatles he has done little else of interest. Definitely takes himself to seriously

teddy

PM missed out on this one.........

[video=youtube;5j9s75-whBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLB51C97ADB8ED0B89&v=5j9s75-whBs&feature=player_detailpage#t=2s[/video]