At last NZ has music in schools

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
The Otara concerto.
Otara is a superb of and just south of Auckland it is mainly known as a bit of a problem as it is of low decile rating and has a lot of crime but this video is a glimmer of hope for the children and a long needed project for schools, this is how we will show children that there is such a thing as decent music that is not beyond their reach. At last we are getting back to music appreciation. I hope you can log onto it. It appears that for some reason TVNZ will not allow viewing! sorry.

[video]http://tvnz.co.nz/sunday-news/otara-overture-video-5343720   [/video]

Last edited:

marval

About time too, good music seems to have been forgotton in schools.

My first music teacher tought us about proper music, I have very fond memories of her.

JHC

I think it is the best way Margaret but the teachers (majority) of to day only know pop, so it needs a special effort from government ha don't hold your breath

teddy

Duckmeister
I believe that classical music appreciation should be the start. I enjoyed our lessons and it paved the way for my enjoyment of music rightl across the spectrum.

teddy

JHC

The children in this school are provided with instruments and have to practice for 15 min each day at home they seem to relish this set regime, and the man responsible for the program gave up his position in some prestigious English music school I did not catch his name but what a sacrifice, as you say teddy it has to start at school and where possible in the home.