I am Auke and I just signed up for this forum!

Auke

Hi guys,

I am Auke and I just signed up for this forum. I really love original soundtracks and I am looking for other people to talk about film score.

However, it seems that even though there are a lot of people interested in film music and today's film composers, there are no up-to-date websites about this niche.

So, I created a website for film music fans where you can rate original soundtracks and talk to other people who are also interested in this and much more! I am always interested in what you guys think of it, so let me know!

http://www.newfilmscores.com/

marval

Hello Auke

Welcome to the forum, this is a good place to come and discuss film music and composers.

Margaret

Last edited:

wljmrbill

Welcome Auke... I am sure you will find others who share your interest amongst us. Look forward to your post.

John Watt

Yeah! I'm someone old enough to have seen movies where if a character didn't sing,
or musicians weren't performing, there was no music, soundtrack technology not existing.
According to The American Federation of Musicians, I used to be a lead guitarist-vocalist.
Then I was a singer-songwriter-lead guitarist. Now I'm a soundtrack player.
Why, right now I might even be playing the soundtrack to your life.

Auke

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
Sorry for the late response, I've been busy with my website. I am creating a forum as well, coming out later this week!

I am wondering what you guys think of Marco Beltrami's original soundtrack, A Good Day to Die Hard?
I find that he is really good at scoring Action and Thriller movies like, Deathfall and The Woman in Black.

He is also scoring Carrie and Wolverine this year, so that will be interesting!