EddieRUKiddingVare

Hi I'm Edgard Victor Achille Charles Varèse an innovative French-born composer who spent the greater part of his career in the United States. My music emphasizes timbre and rhythm and my use of new instruments and electronic resources led to me being known as the "Father of Electronic Music" while Henry Miller described me as "The stratospheric Colossus of Sound". Located on the land of OZ surprisingly for my reincarnation..............
Music, electronics, percussion,Guitar,Banjo
Occupation
Civil Engineer/ CrazyMuso

Also known to like Soya Sauce on Talking Classical

musicteach

Hi, welcome to the forums. But I'd like to point out that Edward Victor Achille Charles Varèse, born December 22, 1883, died on November 6, 1965, at the age of 82. If he were alive today, he'd be celebrating his 130th birthday this year. And for the record, you copied part of your introduction straight out of wikipedia:
"Edgard Victor Achille Charles Varèse; also spelled Edgar Varèse;[1] December 22, 1883 – November 6, 1965) was an innovative French-born composer who spent the greater part of his career in the United States.
Varèse's music emphasizes timbre and rhythm. He was the inventor of the term "organized sound", a phrase meaning that certain timbres and rhythms can be grouped together, sublimating into a whole new definition of music. Although his complete surviving works only last about three hours, he has been recognised as an influence by several major composers of the late 20th century. His use of new instruments and electronic resources led to his being known as the "Father of Electronic Music" while Henry Miller described him as "The stratospheric Colossus of Sound"."

Dorsetmike

Ouch!!!!!!!! my ears will take some time to recover from that assault, I won't be clicking on that name again. This is a music forum not a place for such cacophonies.

teddy

Duckmeister
Hello Edgar and welcome to the forum. Judging from the number of your posts you will soon overtake our blessed CD.

teddy

If you're talking to me, Mike, my apologies.

Maybe I could interest you in some vegemite sandwiches - almost as sour as your welcoming !!

Yes its from Wiki and so what there is no copywrite and yes I'm dead and my memory is not so good anymore (you know as you say I'm 130!) but I'm reincarnated with gum leaves - what a scarey combo...........

No Teach, not you, I was referring to the awful youtube noises.

I maybe old but I dont take kindly to such comments about my music........... disturbing for some I guess. You should try my new stuff ???

I'm also working on a minimalist sonata for Banjo called "Sonata for Big Banjo with Little score"........

banjo big M.gif

[video]http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1L405XdT5v5wHbZld1dPtQ/videos[/video]

musicteach

Actually sir, both of those pieces are still under the protection of copyright laws of the ORIGINAL composer, who now lies dead. The older of the two, Ionisation doesn't come under the rights of the Public Domain for another five years. If you're going to claim something as your own, at least make it original and don't steal something someone else wrote.

Ref:
US Copy Right Laws--Music
Wikipedia-Ionisation
Wikipedia-Deserts

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
. . . Yes its from Wiki and so what there is no copywrite . . .

But ...

Wikipedia Terms of Service said:
When you re-use or re-distribute a text page developed by the Wikimedia community, you agree to attribute the authors in any of the following fashions:
  1. Through hyperlink (where possible) or URL to the page or pages that you are re-using (since each page has a history page that lists all authors and editors);
  2. Through hyperlink (where possible) or URL to an alternative, stable online copy that is freely accessible, which conforms with the license, and which provides credit to the authors in a manner equivalent to the credit given on the Project website; or
  3. Through a list of all authors (but please note that any list of authors may be filtered to exclude very small or irrelevant contributions).

Quotation is a copy/paste from Wikipedia's Terms of Service, authored by and for the owners of Wikipedia.

As for copyright issues, we strictly adhere to Danish Law on this forum as the physical servers reside and the forum originates from within Denmark itself. Danish Law will always take precedent on matters concerning copyright laws on this forum.

John Watt

I'm wondering when random sounds that have been catalogued stop being random.
I'm not saying that turns them into music, just as being random or not random.
A duplicated random noise becomes predictable after being reproduced.
Now I'm wondering if this duplicated element is turned into music after reproduction.
Now I'm thinking about an old Sabu movie,
wondering when the sound of an elephant becomes an elephant.
Maybe the hissing of moderators here could be a cobra.

Last edited:
Actually sir, both of those pieces are still under the protection of copyright laws of the ORIGINAL composer, who now lies dead. The older of the two, Ionisation doesn't come under the rights of the Public Domain for another five years. If you're going to claim something as your own, at least make it original and don't steal something someone else wrote.

Ref:
US Copy Right Laws--Music
Wikipedia-Ionisation
Wikipedia-Deserts

If you check my links you will find that I am a composer also - and I was referring to my own works - which I provided a link to as per below (very testy lot here ;) )

I'm wondering when random sounds that have been catalogued stop being random.
I'm not saying that turns them into music, just as being random or not random.
A duplicated random noise becomes predictable after being reproduced.
Now I'm wondering if this duplicated element is turned into music after reproduction.
Now I'm thinking about an old Sabu movie,
wondering when the sound of an elephant becomes an elephant.
Maybe the hissing of moderators here could be a cobra.

""The words to the songs on this album were scientifically preparedfrom a random series of syllables, dreams, neuroses & private jokes thatnobody except members of the band ever laugh at, and other irrelevant material.They are all 'very serious' & loaded with secret underground candy-rockpsychedelic profundities"

musicteach

If you check my links you will find that I am a composer also - and I was referring to my own works - which I provided a link to as per below (very testy lot here ;) )

I was referring to the two videos you posted earlier, claiming them as your own. :)

And in my reincarnated form back for the dead yes they are mine all mine I tell you.....