Modified food

teddy

Duckmeister
Tesco have announced that they will start selling chickens which have been feed on genetically modified food. They will also sell eggs which have been produced in the same way. These products may well be labelled FREE RANGE, which they may well be, but are they healthy. And what could be the effect on children whose parents have eaten these products/ Cheap they may be, but safe? That is another matter.

teddy

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Makes me wonder what is being "modified". What is being taken out and substituted in to make it taste and look like the "unmodified" food.

Just another way to keep shortchanging the public with fake food ... I see the day coming when we all sit down at the dinner table and swallow one pill. :rolleyes:.

teddy

Duckmeister
The thought of what it could be doing to us is frigjhtening Lars. As for taking a pill for lunch, try my wifes cooking

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
I just take five now Colin. I stopped taking some of the others and have survived. I think we would all like to know what they do to the food before we decide whether we want to eat it. There is a company in America which can make Salmon grow twice as big using GM techniques. Is there a danger that we will grow twice as big as well? Gm fish are likely to be on sale here by the Summer. I for one will not knowingly eat anything produced in that manner, but will we be kept aware. Some say it is an answer to food shortages. We would have a very good surplus of food in this country if the farmers were allowed to use all their fields for growing, instead of being forced to set aside ground on punishment by law (mainly EU law). So, a bit like North Korea we have created a `problem`em, and now we have `found a solution that did not exist in the` first place`e`

teddy

Yea, you could give the GM food (especially the dodgy stuff), to North Korea in exchange for disarmament................

Your brilliant teddy! unlikey my dodgy speelling......:rolleyes:

Last edited:

teddy

Duckmeister
Egyt is our biggest producer of potatoes, grown on sand. We have some giant green houses nearby where they grow vegatables and tomatoes using hydroponics. The EU holds a food mountain and most of Europe has much land which could be farmed. So why is anyone anywhere short of food and why do we need GM to increase production?

teddy

Because the world is bigger than Europe and the EU artifically stockpiles food to prop up the EU's non productive farmers, and is not interseted in actually producing useable food!

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
When the floods come again to our earth there will be nowhere to grow food so we really need another Ark....otherwise we are destined to be dust. :cry::cry::crazy::confused:

JHC

Of course not it is the Rainbow Effect that will be our downfall

teddy

Duckmeister
GM food is being hailed as the solution to world poverty. It is quite possible that countries struck by famine might be glad of it. But with most of those countries it is lack of water which is the cause. What next. GM modified water?

teddy

JHC

Also the terminator gene was added to prevent natural propagation and more money for the companies like Monsanto

teddy

Duckmeister
Very clever. But remember what happened in Jurassic Park. Nature will find a way oF reproducing. and then what will happen?

teddy

JHC

Nature will find a way oF reproducing. and then what will happen?

teddy
Well we will find a way to by-pass nature, we have just passed the "Gay Marriage" bill into legislation which is the first step, the next will be the need for a male sex who need us?? perhaps robots will rule...

Well we will find a way to by-pass nature, we have just passed the "Gay Marriage" bill into legislation which is the first step, the next will be the need for a male sex who need us?? perhaps robots will rule...

You Kiwi's, I always knew there was something different across the ditch.............