My first opera song that i performed

teddy

Duckmeister
Very good. I agree with Bill you have real potential. keep working at it.

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
Just make sure that you do not waste your talent. As Bill said some professional training will certainly help you

`teddy

paokz

Thanks!!..I wont but not this time cause i am still studying..So i dont have any time.. :/ ..Can you risk everything for siging?

paokz

Yep i want that..I dont know if is the right style of music for me..I am searching it!..

teddy

Duckmeister
Try different styles. It won't cost you anythint.

teddy

Last edited:

musicteach

Okay so firstly I love it when I hear vibrato from a musician, but especially vocalists. To me, it adds a special something to the music. So really good job with that. Um your pitch is a little bit...twerky. As I would say to one of my students, it's a little funky. It's not an earthquake meter, it's not s'posed to rock back and forth! (That is a joke, for the record.) You've definitely got potential. I can hear it your voice. Like has been mentioned, get yourself a vocal coach or even join a choir where you can get a little bit of extra help from the director. Whenever you practice, okay, have a tuner on your stand or in front of you somewhere. This is going to help you, because you're going to see exactly where your pitch is going. The tuner/metronome DOES NOT LIE! Part of what's going to help you a lot is when you go to warm up, play or have a pitch played for you. Hum the pitch first. Hear the pitch, get it in your head. Then in a comfortable range for you, open your mouth and sing the pitch using just an "Ah" syllable. My final comment is that you sound like maybe you're a bit nervous or uncomfortable. Maybe it's just camera fright or just not being comfortable singing or something else. But you will definitely be able to get past that.

paokz

Yep..Il Divo!!!..Thank you so muc for your advices!!!..Yep i aggree that vibrato is something that come out from feeling..And when i sing that song..I feel it!..But i think i am good in pitch correction..I think its very confortable for me!..Can i ask you something?..Before you sing high notes you must have little air in diaphragm and take very small breath or wrong?..I know i should take a voice coach..But i dont have the time cause i am student..But i will try it some monmment!

wljmrbill

You need full breath support for high notes as well as all registers with steady compressed release. There are a number of vocal coaches with youtube videos on the subject as well as vocal technique. THese would help you out until you can get proper lessons/coaching.

Last edited:

wljmrbill

Do a search on youtube( vocal tech., breath control, vocal methods , etc) and a few will come up.. a few years ago I view a number and they all seemed to be with an acceptable range of vocal education. Some were by classical /opera singers and some by general vocal coaches. I would be happy to advise/aswser any questions you may have..or critique a mp3/video of a performance or perhaps even use skype cam as a means too.. Good Luck and Take care..

heartscore

I am not a singer, but years ago I had a professional vocal coach during studying music. I remember when you have to reach high notes:
-activate all room in your mouth for air. That means get a feeling like sighing in your mouth, move the tongue at the tip of your teeth. Show your upper teeth for overtones. Think down, when you go up and also don't move your head up to reach high notes, because then you close your throat doing that. Open your mouth really wide and smile a bit.

John Watt

paokz! Too bad the video isn't available.
The last couple of women I was living with to help them out were big Josh Groban fans.
Just seeing the reviews up above have convinced me that trying to imitate him is your problem.
Josh Groban looks like a cute young guy, lotsa hair, clean cut, born with a big big voice.
He's not the best, most note-using or inflecting singer, his big big voice carrying him through.
If you're not really imitating him, you're going to sound worse.
If you came to me for vocal lessons, I'd ask you what artist or band you know the most songs from,
to see where your musical interest is, and how you sing them.
I don't know if you played an instrument while you sang,
but having an instrument to sing with can only improve your sense of pitch and tone.
Have you heard of the vocal facial mask? You should look for a picture of that, and try it.
That's a more operatic thing, and Josh Groban is as operatic as he is Irishinistic.

And if you are ever contemplating a career as a singer, getting out onstage to get paid,
everyone sings in the music business, and no band wants to hire just a singer,
so they have to shut up all the time and just back him up.
When your voice is tired, it's nice to work on an instrument to be a musician.
The American Federation of Musicians don't charge dues for singers,
because they consider them to not be musicians.
Just sayin'.

Last edited: