Trouble with dates and times

sparky

Hi all :tiphat: I am getting some weird times recorded as to when I last visited MIMF although when I look at the times on any posts that I have made they seem to be correct I only noticed this today. For instance I am shown as last visit today at 08:37 when it was actually around 12:00 please advise if there is a problem Thanks Sparky:cheers:

sparky

Dear Administrator:tiphat: I am still having problems with Times of visits, main index today says 18:23 as last visit even after I refresh page, when in fact last visit was 20:00 last post says 20:10 so that is correct is this a problem or is this normal and I can just forget it:cheers: cheers sparky
sparky said:
Hi all :tiphat: I am getting some weird times recorded as to when I last visited MIMF although when I look at the times on any posts that I have made they seem to be correct I only noticed this today. For instance I am shown as last visit today at 08:37 when it was actually around 12:00 please advise if there is a problem Thanks Sparky:cheers:

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Dear sparky,

Thank you for bringing this problem to our attention.
We'll have it checked out as soon as possible.

The times you see here on this site is configured in the Control Panel under the "edit options", so if you could start by telling me what it says there.
Also, so far as I know, the current time on the site is also taken from your local computers current time and then translated to whatever you choose in the Control Panel but directly connected with the timezone/time information on your local computer.

Regards,
Thomas

sparky

Trouble with dates and times Reply to Thread

Dear Corno:tiphat: The time zone Control Panel under the "edit options", is set to GMT +1 London which corresponds with my local area this is the message at the top of the page right hand side
Welcome, sparky.
You last visited: Yesterday at 21:54
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.
When in fact I last visited today at about 30 mins ago if I look at posts they do seem to have the correct times on although I do have to click on the refresh button on my explorer tool bar everytime I log in to get the latest posts and also if I switch forums I need to hit the refresh button to see the latest post in that forum however this may be normal I do not know you may be able to advise me thanks for your time Sparky :cheers:
corno said:
Dear sparky,

Thank you for bringing this problem to our attention.
We'll have it checked out as soon as possible.

The times you see here on this site is configured in the Control Panel under the "edit options", so if you could start by telling me what it says there.
Also, so far as I know, the current time on the site is also taken from your local computers current time and then translated to whatever you choose in the Control Panel but directly connected with the timezone/time information on your local computer.

Regards,
Thomas

corno

Sr. Regulator
Dear sparky,

As to the "last visited" time, sometimes I don't get the correct latest visit time too, and I think it has something to do with some (cookie)session/connection settings. I believe it's some of the issues which will be checked up on when we're getting more granular with the use of this new forum software.
There are also other issues eg. with the showing of new-postings which aren't working the same way it was in the last forum software. So there are bound to be several aspects comming to light during the more granular use of the new forums. And they will all be evaluated and fixed in time.

So again, thank you for writing about this problem!

Regards,
Thomas

sparky

Corno :tiphat:Thanks for your swift reply I feel more at ease now that I know others have the same sort of gliche do you still want a quick message if something does not seem right, I do not wish to waste your valuable time. one more thing can you tell me how I can get an mp3 to Frederik Magle, Giovanni suggested that I should let Frederik listen to some self penned stuff that I have recorded I sent it to Giovanni by email to preveiw but there does not seem to be a way of emailing or posting this to Frederik thanks once again Sparky:cheers:
corno said:
Dear sparky,

As to the "last visited" time, sometimes I don't get the correct latest visit time too, and I think it has something to do with some (cookie)session/connection settings. I believe it's some of the issues which will be checked up on when we're getting more granular with the use of this new forum software.
There are also other issues eg. with the showing of new-postings which aren't working the same way it was in the last forum software. So there are bound to be several aspects comming to light during the more granular use of the new forums. And they will all be evaluated and fixed in time.

So again, thank you for writing about this problem!

Regards,
Thomas

corno

Sr. Regulator
Dear sparky,

Please still do keep writing about problems you encounter with the forums. It is only through being made aware of this that we can do something about it.

Try writing a private message to Frederik, I'm sure he'll then tell you how you contact him and how you'll be able to send attachements to him.

Regards,
Thomas

sparky

Dear Corno. OK thanks
corno said:
Dear sparky,

Please still do keep writing about problems you encounter with the forums. It is only through being made aware of this that we can do something about it.

Try writing a private message to Frederik, I'm sure he'll then tell you how you contact him and how you'll be able to send attachements to him.

Regards,
Thomas

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Thanks for the PM sparky :)

I have looked a little more into the problem with "Last Activity" and found that the Last Activity shown in the profile is actually the second last activty.
see also this vbulletin-forum thread for an explanation.

Thomas mentioned a few more problems and as he said all problems will indeed all be evaluated, and everything done to fix them, but it will take a little time. But thanks for bringing thse issues to out attention, that's exactly what this troubleshooting forum is for! :)

sparky

Ok Frederik :tiphat:Thanks for the address. package will soon be winging its way to you just sorting out some artwork for the disc & cover maybe one week depending on printers Cheers sparky:cheers:
Frederik Magle said:
Thanks for the PM sparky :)

I have looked a little more into the problem with "Last Activity" and found that the Last Activity shown in the profile is actually the second last activty.
see also this vbulletin-forum thread for an explanation.

Thomas mentioned a few more problems and as he said all problems will indeed all be evaluated, and everything done to fix them, but it will take a little time. But thanks for bringing thse issues to out attention, that's exactly what this troubleshooting forum is for! :)