miniature for clar.(B), vibraphon, marimba., crotales, timp., perc., piano

Torsten Brandes

This is miniature VI of seven miniatures for clarinet, vibraphon, marimbaphon, crotales, percussion and piano I wrote for a theatre performance of Sophokles´s Antigone.
Performed by the "ensemble für neue musik schloss hamborn". Liverecording of the first performance.

http://www.ensemble-fnm.de/torsten/brandes_compositions/antigoneVI.mp3

katharina hambrock; clarinet
torsten brandes; vibraphon
timon seithel; marimbaphon
alexander morgenstern; crotales, percussion
eva bader; piano

Lee Maddeford

Hello Torsten,
Well you certainly were not exagerating when you said that your style had changed since writing the Symphonische Kantate. I like this type of work also. I often find that writing for theater pushes me into other realms then where I would go normally. Did this happen with these pieces or were you already experimenting with this type of writing?
Lee

Torsten Brandes

Hello Lee,
so and so. I always wanted to write this kind of music and with the request to write music for this play I had the chance to do it. The play itself pulled me into very strange realms and it also forced me to write in this style. It´s just one of 12 miniatures I wrote since 2005. Will send another one soon.
Thanks for listening to it.
All the best,
Torsten

catolliver

Torsten,

I really enjoyed your piece. I would love to hear the 11 other shorts. I'm not sure I would have thought to write for such an ensemble. I was pleasantly surprised. I haven't heard any of your other music, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but you have a very focused sound, which is quite lovely. I hope I can hear more of your work soon.

-Chris

Torsten Brandes

Dear Chris,
thank you very much. I will send another composition soon. I was reading that you are working at Lexington Children's Theatre. I don´t know what you exactly do there but I guess that it has to do with music. I do the same here in Germany. Would like to know more about your work. If you want take a look at our homepage. (Will send pm). You can find several informations about the youth theatre here and also some films wich documents our work.
All the best,
Torsten

Last edited:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Not suprising, after all, old people often have bits missing. ;);)
teddy

Aww gee whiz, teddy ... thanks a lot :nut::lol:.
Being one who is 'old' I can attest that none of my bits are missing :shake:

Oops! My bad, guys. Sorry!:eek:

Not a problem, Steve ... and who know, the original poster may have their notifications turned on for this thread and may return.