Good to be welcomed here.

GerbenDekker

Hello everyone. Having just subscribed here, I thought would be decent to tell a thing or two about myself.

I'm 25 years old, live in Arnhem, the Netherlands, and study applied psychology. I currently work at H&M and plan to get a master's degree in psychological research. My first introduction into music was taking violin lessons, which I've had since I was seven. I play purely for recreational reasons. That's my bio in a nutshell.

As for my interests regarding music, I registered for these forums (my third-ever forum, be gentle) because I know only very few people with the same taste in music as I. However, I'm sure there many people like myself, and I'd like to get in contact with like minds.
I swing from classical to soundtrack to pop music to jazz, etc. I'm rather superficially invested in classical music and jazz, but soundtracks are my bread and butter.
For me personally, pop music is more of a guilty pleasure. I say pop music, with which I mean drum and bass, rock, actual pop, dance/trance, and most other genres (no offense).

Classical composers I think are good are Beethoven, Saint-Saëns, Wagner, Tchaikovsky, Shostakovich, Rimsky-Korsakov, Stravinsky, Vivaldi, and some others. So mostly big names.

Soundtrack composers that I like are (aside from numerous) John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Jeremy Soule, Danny Elfman, Howard Shore, Alxendre Desplat, Jerry Goldsmith, Bill Brown, Philip Glass, Harry Gregson-Williams, Joe Hisaishi, and others.

Some of my favorite soundtracks are Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles by Kumi Tanioka, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura by Ben Houge, The Village by James Newton Howard, A Single Man by Abel Korzeniowski and Shigeru Umebayashi, Seven Years in Tibet by John Williams, and many, many others.

Beyond this, Pierre Audi and Valeri Gergiev deserve a special mention in my book. Also Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 are wonderful projects as far as I'm concerned; these are in fact the reason I got into soundtracks in the first place.

So, sorry for the lengthy intro. If you'd like to know anything else about me or my interest in music, message me! Thanks everyone. :)

wljmrbill

Welcome to the forums. Nice to have someone with such varied interest in Music..To bad you are a Psych Major.. make a good music major also I would wager.( I was opposite: music major and psych minor- played viola and string bass and keyboard [organ-piano]). Enjoy your time spent here.

teddy

Duckmeister
Hello and welcome. Ther are plenty of us here with a varied interest in music so you should fit in well

teddy