Do me a flavour

Dorsetmike

We keep getting bombarded by "new" flavours for some traditional foods

Ice cream which used to be Vanilla, Strawberry or chocolate now comes in just about any fruit flavour you could wish for - with or without nuts - but now if you please - Chilli flavour! What next - beef, salmon, Vindaloo?

Hot cross buns used to be an easter special, pleasantly spiced and with its sugary cross, now it's available all year round, who knows what the cross is now made of, and the spicy flavour is losing its edge, and this week I actualy saw some "Golden Syrup" flavour.

Any other wierd variations on traditional tastes out there?

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
I have just treated myself to a new CD player it was after all about 15 years old as my friend had just suffered a monumental failure with his player I gave him my old one he was so pleased that he gave me two bottles of wine I was overwhelmed but when I got to unwrapping them imagine my disappointment to find they had scruffy old labels and were 42 years old plus they were only from the reserve bin :cry: some people are so tight.

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Well teddy "Reserve Bin"??? not first choice and ruddy corks not even screw caps, I gave em to the joker next door he will never know the difference.