Hello I am moth...and these are my stories

moth

Hello I am moth, or other wise known as Dimitri Spanoa.
For those of you that don’t know me, I am a graphic designer
and writer from Colorado. I am also the creator of The Glass Projeckt
and The Lab Animals…well yes I did collaborate with Glass Lozano
on the creation of his band, but I would like to say that I am responsible
for the graphic imagery of both projects…and yes both of these are living
working bands…These two stories are tales from The Blacklight Chronicles.

The Glass Projeckt

Hovering on the outer rim of the solar system is a little world tucked away. At arms reach it is as surreal as it is real and there are many visitors but most cannot see the busy traffic of the cities because they are shielded by several large moons. It is here, along this stretch, where there are the busy traffic lanes of commercial industrial ports. All along these ports are taverns and night clubs that glitter in the alien atmosphere...It is here where we first meet the glass projeckt...a trio of multi-instrumentalists...they are one of the new space industrial bands to crop up and members of a secret underground organization. On a far end on this general area is a slow moving cruiser. A large window opens up to allow one to view the celestial beauty just beyond a 12 inch expanse of tempered glass to keep everything regulated inside. It is here where a quiet man awakes from Cryogenia. He has come a long way and seems to have been transported from somewhere. Soft music is playing in the background and he feels calm and peaceful...
www.theglassprojeckt.com www.myspace.com/theglassprojeckt

The Lab Animals

in a place between the past and the future two great superpowers are locked in a cold war
in an effort to win the conflict one power built a super powerful nuclear silo on the moon,
pointed right at the enemy. On the brink of destruction, the other nation employed the services of three scientists. tobi love, preferring mass think sessions to all out scientific process, she left university to develop mass brainwave control technology. She hasn't been seen for many years. that is...until she showed up with glass lozano. lozano, a child weapons prodigy, has developed many of the super-neo weaponry used in the early cold war. Becoming disillusioned with the war in his early 20's he invented a virus known as "the violet cycle", that shut down all his weapons, the day became infamously "melt-down Monday". lozano was rumoured to be kidnapped by the enemy and tortured to reveal a antidote to his virus. both scientists have been seen in the company of a man we only know as "link"it is not these stories of their past we are interested in however. but what happened on that day.we know that the moongun was completed - it is what comes next that eludes us. When the government showed up for the scheduled test fire of the "moongun" neither the scientists nor the gun were any where to be found. we do know they became "the lab animals" using music and cleverly crafted lyrics to tell their story and get messages to their supporters. Some say maybe, just maybe, they might include subliminal messages to control the masses. (Moth fading out) whatever is true - it is from these songs that we can piece together the rest of the story.

www.myspace.com/thelabanimals

For those of you that are interested, I have my own site
And another site to raise awareness for space communities
And the space industrial culture…

Moths page- www.myspace.com/darkmoth
and The Urban Art Underground Movement www.myspace.com/urbart

Ronin

Unreal. Really, really good.

I like Lab Animals, how did you come up with the concept for your stories?

moth

hello, the stories stem from The Blacklight Chronicles...in the summer of 2004
I was researching one of my favorite insects "moths" and was reading how you can catch moths by blacklighting for them...It began as a journal for my studies...and then a flood of inspiration came to me from there...I soon began to write alot of stories under The Blacklight Chronicles and began to connect the stories to my graphic design...The Lab Animals and The Glass Projeckt were some of the first stories that combined the art with the writing. The Lab Animals intro was written by my buisness partner Tobi Love..we are collaborating on the creation of the story line.

The Glass Projeckt is a story about a space industrial band set in the near future. I decided to create this fiction to go with the band, because the music did not fit into a set genera...I stumbled on space industrial music
by creating the fiction for the story...

The ongoing storyline for the glass projeckt can be found here:
http://shipping1.blogdrive.com/

here is a link to my online portfolio
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=11551440&blogID=119239764&MyToken=7400dc93-f4a0-4df0-a3bd-7b958847ca46

The Blacklight Chronicles is now one facet of a production company that I am building called Trinity Being Multimedia...we will have the site open soon!

thanks for the question and your kind words!

moth