Floating flats

Dorsetmike

Saw cruises on this monstrosity advertised in the local paper

low_1365787357_Quantum-Exterior-4-keynote.jpg

Somehow made me think of sardines! They call it "Anthem of the Seas"
methinks one good storm and they'll need a few anthems playing.

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Hope it has a better Captain than the Costa Concordia

teddy

Duckmeister
If I wanted a holiday in a block of flats there are plenty in Margate, and probably a lot cheaper. And I would see just as many foreigners

teddy

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
My idea of a vacation is to get away from people and the normal way of life ... I can't fathom being isolated on an island of floating steel with 4,000+ other people and non-stop 24/7 food and entertainment.

If I have to be surrounded by tin in a 'compartment', this is what I much prefer:

DSC_0088.jpg

This was from a road trip from Arizona to Pennsylvania and back in 2012.

JHC

Looks good Lars! where was it taken? the car ain't half bad either.

teddy

Duckmeister
Me too Lars. Give me the little French or Spanish villages we visit anytime. As long as there is plenty of local wine and bread and wine and cheese and wine.............

teddy

Dorsetmike

Probably have to manage with a virtual one, with the sort of money likely to be floating around (sorry pun intended) should be able to afford a decent sample set - Special commission - Wimborne Minster?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Looks good Lars! where was it taken? the car ain't half bad either.

Pennsylvania, Allegheny National Forest. The auto is my 2004 VW Jetta GLS with the 1.8 liter turbocharged gas engine.
Only has 124k miles on it - and yields a fairly constant 31 mpg city and highway combined.

JHC

I had a look on google earth looks a beautiful part of the world