Do you know what this "very small":nut: instrument costs? 10£ or what? :grin:

Cheerio
Hildegard

giovannimusica

Commodore de Cavaille-Coll
Hello Hildegard,

You have a delectable sense of humour:grin: :grin: :grin:

Yeah, Schnittke - that'll get'em REAL happy:D :D :D

Ten Pounds? Probably above 100,000 Pounds - thats my best guesstimate.

I like the idea behind the Klavins vertical grand but I have a hard time countenancing the upright piano action that is used. For the money that one spends acquiring the Klavins grand - I dunno:shake:

When one considers a grand piano, alot of sound is projected down. Would that one had a lid on the underside of the grand piano to help project the sound out to the listener. There has been a piano builder that somewhat recently had a lid mounted on the underside, just like the lid on the topside is mounted - piano hinges and all. The underside lid would open to an angle of 45 degrees, so it stands to reason that the sound traveling to the listener would be more prodigious. Another BIG piano is found here:

http://www.rubensteinpianos.com/index.html

This one is 12' 2" in length and has 97 keys. I think I have found a partner for my Bosendorfer Imperial Concert Grand.

Cheers,

Giovanni :tiphat:

Gareth

Commodore of Water Music
All I can say is...WOW!!!:eek:

Yeah, no problems for me if I had that thing, the neighbours around us are noisier than that thing would ever be:D.

It would be nice to have, just a pain to climb up and down the stairs to play every time. Imagine the sound coming out of it, and the length of strings wow.

-Gareth.

Hildegard

...just a pain to climb up and down the stairs to play every time.
Well we all need some sort of exercise don't we? :grin:

Yes great sound - proberly lound!! But as long as you stay with it in Queensland, Australia my neighbours won't complain. :grin:

Giovanni, I'm very envious! :grin:
Do you really have a Bösendorfer? WOW! :p I must say. Isn't it just a wonderfull instrument?
Cheers :alc:
Hildegard

giovannimusica

Hi Hildegard,

The Bosendorfer is fine for Bach, Mozart, Haydn, Chopin, Scarlatti and the like but I am in the market for another grand piano. Plus, my wife is after me to get another grand - got to keep the wife happy, cause if she ain't happy then nobody is happy in the house.

Cheers,

Hildegard

Sounds great to me. You buy a new piano, your wife stays happy... and I get the Bösendorfer.:grin: A deal?

Hildegard

giovannimusica

Hello Hildegard,

I'm sorry to say that I'm keeping the Bosendorfer. My wife is tired of the Yamaha conservatory grand she has so my present to her on our fifth wedding anniversary will be a concert grand. She likes the Fazioli concert grand F-308. It has four pedals - the fourth one lifts up the whole hammer assembly quite close to the strings so that one can get reallly intimate nuances especially in conjunction with the una corda pedal depressed.

Cheers,