Jigsaw puzzles

Dorsetmike

I've been passing (read wasting) my time converting some of my photos into onscreen jigsaw puzzles; just so you can pass/waste some time as well I've uploaded them to my drop box "public" folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdht5mjhdsiml17/AABMzUfj5P-LPiSRiRPmZaTHa?dl=0

The puzzles are the .exe files the jpg files are images of what the picture is so you can see what you're getting. To view a jpg, double click on the thumbnail, to download a puzzle click on the .exe file name.

Pictures include flowers, animals, cars. trains, a plane, a Paddle steamer as well as a few views. I sometimes add 2 or 3 a day.

Having downloaded and saved it, when you open puzzle (double click on file) you will see a thumbnail of the puzzle, double click and it will dispay a screen full of pieces, which you can move around with the mouse, when you "join" two pieces, if they are a correct fit you will see a couple of stars and hear a click (if you have sound on). There is a short menu at top left of the screen,
>Ghost gives you a faint image,
>Image gives you a full image, sizable with mouse, and which you can either close or minimise
>Help - obvious!
>Back saves and exits the puzzle stopping the timer, it will also open a small window with the puzzle name and how long since started, reopening the puzzle takes you to the screen as it was when you stopped & restarts the timer.

The puzzles are all about 300 - 350 pieces and take me mostly between one and a half and two hours, olthough one did take me to four hours.

If you want to make your own puzzles the software is free from

http://www.tibosoftware.com/jigsaw-puzzle.htm

The only niggle I have is that it defaults to saving things to "My Documents" not the folder I have set up for it! Which causes much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I never use "My Documents", even if I delete the folder Windoze makes a new one.Gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Dorsetmike

Sorry Teddy none of those only some feathered birds, some trains, but only one narrow gauge - Romney Hythe and Dymchurch. Some classic cars, a paddles steamer, a tall ship (square rigged), flowers, a couple of views, in other words a mixture.