Hello! New member here!

aaa

Hello!

I am a composition student who lives and breathes classical music. It is impossible for me to live without it. I also like talking about classical music and reading what others have to say. :grin:

I like almost all classical music I've ever heard (I'm still coming around to Rachmaninov) but I'm still relatively new to it.

Apart from music, I am also a massive fan of Doctor Who. :cool:

I am looking forward to meeting other classical music lovers like myself!

wljmrbill

Welcome to the forums. You will find many with similar interest here. What instruments do you play.. Maybe post samples/links to of your composition work for us to view.

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Hi aaa I have been into classical for yonks but still have problems with a lot of Rachmaninov but who cares there are many composers to choose from

aaa

Welcome to the forums. You will find many with similar interest here. What instruments do you play.. Maybe post samples/links to of your composition work for us to view.
I play classical guitar and synthesiser. :)

aaa

Hi aaa I have been into classical for yonks but still have problems with a lot of Rachmaninov but who cares there are many composers to choose from
That's true....but one thing that I often experience with music is that eventually I end up loving every composition I come across. :D

JHC

That's true....but one thing that I often experience with music is that eventually I end up loving every composition I come across. :D
That strikes me as a very strange thing to say and would depend on how long have you been listening to classical and just how much have you heard ?
I would venture to say that in the course of time you will come across works that you will dislike and some that just leave you cold, I will guarantee that in just 5-6 years you will will not make the same statement.

aaa

That strikes me as a very strange thing to say and would depend on how long have you been listening to classical and just how much have you heard ?
I would venture to say that in the course of time you will come across works that you will dislike and some that just leave you cold, I will guarantee that in just 5-6 years you will will not make the same statement.
Well...I do suppose I've barely listened to any classical music at all really. Certainly less than 0.01% of what is out there, that's for certain! I've been listening to classical music since I was a tiny little thing. For a stage when I was about 12 to 15 years old there was music that I decided I didn't like (Elgar, Sibelius, Hindemith, Schumann) but since then I've grown into that music and I absolutely adore everything that I listen to from those composers. I have a need to really explore classical music and listen to everything that exists...which is, of course, impossible, but I try. :)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi aaa :)

Welcome to our forum. We hope that you will enjoy the time you spend here, discussing music and meeting new friends.

Well...I do suppose I've barely listened to any classical music at all really. Certainly less than 0.01% of what is out there, that's for certain! I've been listening to classical music since I was a tiny little thing. For a stage when I was about 12 to 15 years old there was music that I decided I didn't like (Elgar, Sibelius, Hindemith, Schumann) but since then I've grown into that music and I absolutely adore everything that I listen to from those composers. I have a need to really explore classical music and listen to everything that exists...which is, of course, impossible, but I try. :)

Before you totally write off Schumann or Hindemith, check out their organ works. Schumann wrote several pieces for the pedal piano which were later adapted to the organ - delightful pieces to play as well as listen.

Hindemith takes a little getting used to ... he wrote three organ sonata's too; the Sonata II (for organ) is one of my favorites, especially the middle movement.

Kh

aaa

I haven't heard any of Schumann's organ music yet, but Hindemith's organ sonatas are wonderful to me. ;)

aaa

Or even my avatar? How do I do that? Also...could I possibly have my username changed to cries of ancient grey? Thanks.

aaa

Nope I haven't....never really visited this site before in my life so maybe I should.

aaa

It's giving me access to the page but it won't allow me to use the avatar I'm trying to upload

JHC

It's giving me access to the page but it won't allow me to use the avatar I'm trying to upload

I can't remember the size but you have to reduce the picture to the sites set limits.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I am working on the issue about the avatar - for some odd reason it won't let me upload it either (???). Anyway I will work on this today.

Boot

I can't upload an avatar, either. Probably some minimum-post criteria one must meet before being anointed with this super-power.

Boot

Oops. Didn't notice there was a page 2.

BTW, I can't edit my own posts, either.

John Watt

Huh! Huh! I'm feeling so live and expansive myself right now, I even feel qualified to comment against Krummhorn.
I don't care mostly because I don't know the other boot. I'll blame that on my being an insistent left-hander.

Please, please, and this are some peninsula pleas, watch out with your use of avatar.
Have you ever been to India? Would you be wandering all over and taking photos,
if you were at the Taj Mahal?
The people of India, after all this time, still love that princess and that rajah's story.
What greater love, than building the Taj Mahal, the most beautiful grave in the world.
My Scottish perspective on this would be there was a greater love, it just wasn't built.
The rajah died when they were beginning to build a black one across the river.
If I was India, I'd still do that or something like it for the tourist attraction,
and make more money by charging more to less for the old one.
I don't think they'd have to spend any money on advertising.
This would be a living building of history.

Anyway, avatar is the Indian version of god, what is a god, an avatar.
As far as I know, the avatars were the gods that came down from the skies,
to kill all the giants that became cannibals with the smaller humans.
That was after everyone came out from hiding from the cold.

And if you think I'm fontificating here Krummhorn, wait until you see the photos.

Not using the word avatar, but meaning almost the same thing,
you could be a Phasicon, like phase icon.
You know domain addresses with the little squares before them with a logo,
or a system provided graphic if they don't have one.
They're supposed to be easy to build.
But just not as easy as Groonhild.

Hey! I like that one!

Last edited: