Dan Chadburn Solo Piano Music Sends Tingles Up And Down Your Spine

Lillian

Dan Chadburn plays piano, and he does a wonderful job doing it. This is not silly piano-lessons-then-a-recital-music. No, this is high-grade, pure-to-a-T, grade-A-excellence, solo piano playing that actually says something, although you feel it sending tingles up-and-down your spine more than just have it enter your ears. Like your jazz-nerd buddy might say: “Feel it, baby. Don’t just hear it.” Chadburn conveys feelings on his album, Beyond Words, and you might just end up with a “Joyful Morning,” getting’ the ol’ redeye from “Tears of Angels,” or staring at blue heavens and cotton-ball-like vapor puffs on a “Lazy Sky Afternoon” (all three titles of tunes on his latest collection). On the cover of the CD there are photos of empty beaches as far as the eye can see. I came across one of those in Hawaii once, just me and God’s creation of ocean-and-land meeting, and it was a magical, spiritual moment, sort of like hearing this music. OK, you are not going to believe my hype until your hear this music for yourself, so just track down and listen to the first two tunes, “Awakening” (and WAKE UP!) and “Joyful Morning” (you might just have one after hearing this). These two pieces show his talent because both hands are active. The latter tune, which is fairly fast, has a wonderful counterpoint between the hands. Listen on all his music for counter-melodies, one hand accenting the other, internal and external rhythms, and more. Just give the guy a chance, especially if you like unadorned piano music. Don’t take my word for it. Explore, find, listen and be amazed (and happy).