Ruhm

This is just a note to say hi. I have been soaked in all types of music since I was a baby, and remember my Mom listening to Ella Fitzgerald while she did the ironing. I loved blues before I knew what blues was, It shocked me to find out that what I thought was heavy metal (ala Led Zeppelin) was in fact blues. A favorite activity of my youth was DX'ing AM radio stations, sitting up all hours of the night, trying to bring in the far away and faint stations. That is how I found Jazz, in all of its many flavors.
I do have a shoe string connection to the music industry. I am Daryl Stuermer’s Web Master. He toured with Genesis, and plays with Phil Collins. On his own he tends to Jazz Fusion, but is coming out in a few months with a CD the pushes the fusion a bit more to the rock side.
I am looking forward to finding out about new artist, new sounds, and enjoying the community of others who tend to get a bit nutso about their tunes.

rojo

(Ret)
Hello and welcome, Ruhm :)

Nice intro. You mentioned Led Zep and blues; their song that goes 'I`ve been working from seven.. to eleven baby every night' popped right into my head. I can`t even remember the name of the song though, lol! But yeah, that one is blues. I`ll go look up the name of the song, or it`s gonna bug me. :grin:

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Hi Ruhm,

Welcome aboard! :tiphat:

:cheers:
Thomas