Music Software

Andro55

I am a music lover,loves to create melody of my own .Could anyone recommend a good music Software which would be appreciable.

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Hi Andro55,

What kind of music software are you looking for? sequencing/music synths or music engraving/notes? Or something else like drummachines, pattern-synths etc.

Nickie Fønshauge

There is a fine line of software from MakeMusic, from the simple and free Notepad over Songwriter, PrintMusic and Allegro to the magnificent Finale. This is a line of applications for all needs and purses. I recommend you start with Notepad, which is downloadable and, as said, free. If this doesn't meet your needs, you can download (almost) fully functional demos of the other programs and try them out. Only you can tell, which program fits your needs (and bank account).

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with MakeMusic, just a happy Finale user. I started with Notepad, upgraded to PrintMusic and then finally to Finale, and never regretted it.

salvish4

Try using FlexiMusic Composer is a multi-track program for composing, editing and mixing of music using sampled instrument sounds. It is also available for free download. It is very easy to use.

3 Pups Music

Andro55 said:
I am a music lover,loves to create melody of my own .Could anyone recommend a good music Software which would be appreciable.

Nothing wrong with buying music software. If you are new, you might want free software for a while until you learn more. Beware of software that says free download but is actually not free. Two simple free VST hosts that can hold different VST software synthesizers (many free VST software synthesizers are available at KVRAudio.com) are TobyBear's MiniHost and Topten Software's Cantabile. Both of those can hold a VST synth, record it while you play, and turn your computer keyboard into a keyboard to play the synth, or you can use your own midi keyboard to play them. Newbie Brad

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Andro55,

Check out Noteworthy Composer (you can Google it for the website). One
can get a fairly functional trial version that will work for about 30 days - I did that, and after 5 days purchased (then $39 USD) the full version and have been using it extensively ever since. For the price, I think it was a great software package.

Lars