Classical piano MIDI files sharing impromptus

Teo

Hello and harmony,

I used to play every kind of electronic mayhem machine made: http://Givnology.com/compose.htm#channels but now I am very seriously studying classical piano. The only exception from playing real piano is an old Roland KR-33 I just bought to take to the cottage - won't get out of tune - and I can play in town in the middle of the night, 76 keys, not quite the 88 but more than the 60 of my other 2 normal size key's.

The KR-33 is so old, it doesn't show up in my MIDI software keyboard lists, and get this: it has a soft pedal! Often older is better hum? Against my better judgement I have been recording MIDIs of my playing. Over the years, playing is one thing, recording another! Beethoven, Liszt and Chopin weren't recorded, and music may have been more genuine then... Anyway, guilty or not...

I realized that I can share my music with incredible ease by sharing my MIDI files! Small file size, "perfect" quality, and hey, you can import them into your synthesizers and steal my chops! :eek:

I have a seeeerios project: I am looking for software to be able to really organize the MIDI files by THEIR TAGS, something that MP3 players and software does efficiently - see - I have a Chopin I have turned into a BossaNova. It'll be in my Chopin category, but not my Classical category, kapish? I need well indexed Tags - to give author, (re)arranger, performance date, etc... but for the time being, here, enjoy!

Volzar1.mid My very first try soloing on Waltz.

JSBachPrelude21.mid A Bach prelude (3/4 of it) I like.

WhatYouSync0.mid A very unfinished Waltz Impromptu (solo) where I have genetically engineered the "circle of fifths," (Jazz) into Waltz..

JSBInvention.mid another Bach, Invention #4, but not complete, in-process, but I am a shareaholic..

GymnIntro1a.mid Gynmopedie by Eric Satie - the Intro, and my own versioning - you see, I think I'm into creating "Splashes" and "Needle Drops" - short pieces for Film and Video like I used to do (corporate multimedia).

MeABeet01.mid "Give me a Beet!" A punny way to say "Beats" aren't songs, Beet's are! :p This is an example of a solo in Gypsy (Phrygian) scale - I just found that it fit this part of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata - and I ended with the end of Clair de Lune by DeBussy - which I later find is THE SAME NAME! Monschiene Sonatn or something.. This piece also shows my "Impromptu" ability, no, not Improper ability! I hope... :p anyway, my left-right hand independance, I can hold a pattern in the left and do all kinds of thinks in the right - the true meaning of "Rubato," even Wolfie Mozart did rubato - and it doesn't mean the 'timid timing' where everything is (both hands are) retarded.

Once I get my Tag filing business straight, so that credit is given to whom it should (thank you dear dear dear composers and originators!!! XOXOXO), then I will share my classical, and improvisations, and other, more. Here I am over-sharing but this just means you get to hear this music first!

barkpiano.JPG

Love and light being, Teo Do (Re, Mi, Fa, So, LaaAAA!!!) ;)

naiomie

Hello Teo,
I think that between your music and the themes of your homepage claim and reality fall apart.
N.

Teo

Thank you for your reply?

Hello Teo,
I think that between your music and the themes of your homepage claim and reality fall apart.
N.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, and I guess, to investigate my music and home page.

What "your music" do you mean, and what "your homepage" do you mean? I have tons of music, here my new Classical learning and impromptu, tons of home pages, as as I mentioned, my old styles were techno-everything, so as you said, I agree that they are very diverse eh? :grin:

Some of my new "classical" friends think my old music is junk, some of my old music friends think my new music is junk! :eek:

I love when someone actually looks into what I am sharing, so if you could, please explain your statement, "claim and reality fall apart"? I would truly appreciate the opportunity to clear up what fell apart...:eek:

I think I am well evolving, whacha tinx?

Love and light being, Teo Do (Re, Mi, Far....) ;) ;)

Teo

My reality is sturdy, why do you say "reality fall apart"

I don't hate things.

Please explain what "fell apart" because I am efforting to share techniques and personal progress on the instrument.

If you do not wish to share what you think fell apart than it is a strange comment to make and not explain.:confused:

I like to think nothing is falling apart. I very much appreciate your taking time to look, listen and replly. I wish to know what you think fell apart so that I can make it even more falling-apart-proof. Thanks googols in advance. ;) ;)

Sincerely,
Teo Vincent

Last edited:

naiomie

I find, you need too many words to explain what your musical intention is. For me there is a big difference between what you say and what I can hear in your music and how you perform it. Maybe this is a matter of taste.

Love,

N.

Teo

Thanks, yes, THAT reality fell apart!

Hello Teo,
N.
"Claim" being my homepage, "Reality" being my music, they say different things. In fact the current music doesn't need to "say" anything, it just is what it is.

I think I see what you were/are saying.

Yes, I completely need to update the "homepage." I have a few homepages, Web Page Experience - Auto Slide Show - Page 1 has music, but a totally different reason and type of content.

"big difference between what you say..." is talking about what Givnology music page says, I assume. I am in complete agreement! :eek: I would even say, the reality expressed in the music page of Givnology falls away because with my new music nothing need be said, simply shared and heard.

WebPageExperience doesn't even talk about the music, though it is on every page, in two groups of 8 sounds. But that it "background" music, actually "splashes" or "needle-drops" such as in TV, video, film and multimedia.

Currently I have evolved from the "world music" kind of thinks I used to play, such as the videos in Givnology's music page, to the classical music I shared here.

I guess you would musically see this as an improvement, I sure do! :grin: many of my world music ex-buddies don't though!:confused:

I hope you don't think I've been arguing with you, I really appreciate that you took the time to look at the web page. I'm pretty much finished with that kind of music. It is only recently that I can solo/impromptu in 3/4 "waltz" this is where I seem to have brought some skill from my past music daze (pun intented).

In general, though, I consider synths and such "toys" nowadays, I wish I only played real full pianos, but of course sometimes you can't - one at the cottage would get ruined! So as I said, this is the only reason I use an electric piano here at the cottage - and then, on this Roland KR-33, the other advantage is that I can record and share MIDI files very easily - and efficiently, full songs in maybe 10K! :smirk: And the main reason I find I need to share these new MIDI files..

I REEEEEALLY need to update my music pages other places, and at least let people know I play classical! I can see how I confused you.. sorry! :crazy:

When I get software to set TAGS in MIDI files, like it is easy to do in MP3 music files, then I will be cross-categorizing like crazy, an example of that is an old music database page here:

Free Music Samples and Custom Playlist Creation

See... I want to have categories including piano, solo, classical, Chopin, Beethoven, etc.. and the impromptu (I will simply use that word instead of solo - from now on! Yay!) based on Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata will fit a few categories. I could then choose to play only the Beethoven category - including solos and full pieces. One piece I modified a Chopin into a bossanove, it would be in the Chopin category - but not the classical one (anymore!) hah! I have downloaded over a dozen softwares to manage MIDI tags, I have question topics in at least 8 forums, no answer to that yet.. :(

Tags for MIDI files, OS9 mac, tanx! :: The Artly There Forum

Meanwhile I just keep reading Bach, Chopin and such... but I also practice my impromptu in more new keys every day! Impromptuing? Is that a word?

Thanks for discussioning this with me Naiomai! Without you I wouldn't have had reason to explain so much! :rolleyes:

Love and light being, Teo Do (Re, Mi, Fa, So, Laaaa!..) :p

naiomie

Hello Teo,

that is what I wanted to say. Sorry, but English is a foreign language for me. It would be much easier in German.

N.

Teo

I guess reality did fall away! he he..

...that is what I wanted to say...

Well in that case.. I agree totally! I used to be more talk than play, and now, well, the MIDI files speak for themselves.

So far a program I use lets me set the COPYRIGHT "tag," with 256 characters, so I will put my indexables into that "field" and then upload songs, then put together continuous play and other stuff, and I will be SO glad that classical will be a channel or playing group! Yay!

I wish I spoke german Naiomie! I wish I knew what Beethoven's 9th words really are! Boy!

avietezain.. (spleling?)

PEACE of music, Teo :smirk:

naiomie

Here is the english translation of Schillers "Ode an die Freude", which Beethoven used for the Final of his 9th Symphony.

English translation

Oh friends, not these tones!
Rather let us sing more
cheerful and more joyful ones.
Joy! Joy!
Joy, beautiful spark of the gods,
Daughter of Elysium,
We approach fire-drunk,
Heavenly One, your shrine.
Your magic reunites
What custom sternly divides;
All people become brothers
(Schiller's original:
What custom's sword separates;
Beggars become princes' brothers)
Where your gentle wing alights.
Whoever succeeds in the great attempt
To be a friend of a friend,
Whoever has won a lovely woman,
Let him add his jubilation!
Yes, whoever calls even one soul
His own on the earth's globe!
And who never has, let him steal,
Weeping, away from this group.
All creatures drink joy
At the breasts of nature;
All the good, all the evil
Follow her roses' trail.
Kisses gave she us, and wine,
A friend, proven unto death;
Pleasure was to the worm granted,
And the cherub stands before God.
Glad, as his suns fly
Through the Heavens' glorious plan,
Run, brothers, your race,
Joyful, as a hero to victory.
Be embraced, you millions!
This kiss for the whole world!
Brothers, beyond the star-canopy
Must a loving Father dwell.
Do you bow down, you millions?
Do you sense the Creator, world?
Seek Him beyond the star-canopy!
Beyond the stars must He dwell.
Finale repeats the words:
Be embraced, ye millions!
Brothers, beyond the star-canopy
Must a loving Father dwell.
Be embraced,
Daughter of Elysium,
Joy, beautiful spark of the gods

Aud Wiedersehen,

N.

Teo

Needing Schillers "Ode an die Freude" in German - perhaps pronounciation help?

Here is the english translation of Schillers "Ode an die Freude", which Beethoven used for the Final of his 9th Symphony.

English translation

Oh friends, not these tones!
Rather let us sing more
cheerful and more joyful ones.
Joy! Joy!
Daughter of Elysium,
We approach fire-drunk,
Heavenly One, your shrine.
Your magic reunites
:D :smirk: Boy this is greeeeat of you! :angel:

I am now studying Franz Liszt's transcriptions of Beethoven's symphonies, and I'm playing the Ode To Joy part, and trying to sing the German.

Would you, or ANYONE, have the text in German of the Above? - my copy isn't really very clear - and of course if there is any help with pronounciations...

Freude shouldn't sound like Sigmond the shrink hum? Or like mail fraud.. how DOES it sound?

Also, I suppose it'd be OK to ATTACH a pdf of the song to show you what I mean? THANKS GOOGOLS

Peace (of music) to all, Teo