Updated forum software to latest version

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
I just updated the forums to vBulletin version 3.6.0, which is the latest version, released just a few days ago. It includes some new features (some of which I myself have yet to find out about ;)), and if you have any questions, comments, or notice anything that doesn't work like it's supposed to please let me know and I'll look into it ASAP.

I can tell you about one of the new features which is called "multi-quote". This is the official explanation from jelsoft:

The much-requested multi-quote feature allows users to tag multiple posts that they wish to respond to by clicking a small button on each post. Once the user clicks the reply button, each tagged post is quoted.

To increase usability, by default, only posts within the current thread are automatically quoted. If you wish to quote posts in other threads with multi-quote, you simply need to click a link on the reply page, and the text of those posts will be added without a reload.
Anyhow, I have found it to be a little unstable, and my recommended way of using it is as follows: If you wish to quote three posts (A,B,C), start by clicking the new "multiquote button"* under A and then B, and then click the normal "quote" button under C. That shoudl work.

* You can't miss the "multi-quote" button - it's butt-ugly :D I'll be looking in to replacing it with something that matches the rest soon