Please help me named my music

Ilona

Recently, I wrote a piece of music,but I haven't named it.I have uploaded it,so you can listen to it.I wish you can named it.Thanks.
I must tell you it is very simple but it is dark and sad,don't laugh at me.
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/3728/10.mp3
I named it Dark Room temporarily.

Last edited:

Rune Vejby

Commodore of Water Music
Hi Ilona,

Well, I always think that the composer should name the piece... It easy, really, just think back on your thoughts when you composed the piece. What did you have on your mind?
If you were picturing a dark room then Dark Room is a fine name :)

If you can't find a name for the piece, then another trick is just to pick a crazy name...... Something that will wake peoples attention..... Once I composed a piece and named it "Bird poo".

Stealthjet

First of all, I think it's a wonderful piece! It's got a sort of sad and wistful sound to it. I like the broken chords in that little interlude and then the trills at the end. Sounds kind of haunting. I like it.
Anyhoo, back to topic. Like Rune Vejby said, you know better than anyone what the piece ought to be called. But if you're looking for suggestions/ opinions, I don't think it sounds so much like a dark room. It sounds like lonliness, but in a bittersweet sort of way, you know what I mean? Hope that helps a little.

Ilona

At first I just want to write a song for my poem(Actually it doesn't look like a poem,it just like a essay). But at last I find they aren't suitable.It is like that:
Sometimes I feel it is raining,
but it doesn't.
That is because my heart is crying.
Crying with no sound.
Crying with no tears.

I feel I am lonely.
As lonely as I can be.
I wanna see you,
But I always hide my real emotion.
I can't let things happen as I think.
I can't do everything that I like.
I never really have something.
So I never really lose something.

Wanna control me by myself.
Wanna pay no attention to others.
Wanna have the real me.
But I no that I can't.

I don't know what I'm really think about.
I wanna cry,
but I have no tears.
Maybe I'm happy.
But I'm used to being sad

What can we find in a new day.
Can we always have happiness.
Happiness doesn't mean being happy when there is no sadness.
When we have happiness that means we're to be sad.
All tragedies are beautiful.
It fixes the blood and the tears.

No one will come and listen to what I say.
No one will cry with me.
No one will comfort me.
I just sit down and listen to the music.
I can nearly heard the composer's breath and crying.

I wanna die.
Die beautifully.
Die sadly.
Die with love.

Wyatt

Banned
First off, I ought to say hi, I'm very new here:).

But to help with the song, what does it remind you of when you hear it? Or what do you visualize when it is playing?

By the way, it was a good piece;).

Ilona

I can't really find a certain word to discribe it.So decided to I ask for your help.I think you can give me a good advice.I think the feeling to the listener is most important.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Ilona

What a nice composition ... a couple words came to light while I was intently listening: "Penance" and "Forgiveness" . Of course, you as the composer should name this by what you feel in your heart when you are playing it.

Keep up the great work. :)

Lars