Thread message quoting

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Got a general question ...
How does one use the "quote" feature? I understand its purpose, but lack how it works. Any info would be appreciated

Rune Vejby

Commodore of Water Music
Hi there Krummhorn,

Here is a discription of how the Quote tag is working:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode#quote

On this forum you can just click on the "Quote" button, which is located in the bottom right corner of every thread, and then you will be transferred to the screen where you submit a reply. This screen will then automatically contain a quotation of the post you selected (when you clicked the "quote" button).
I hope it makes sense.
:)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Rune,

Well I tried what it said to do, but without success. Do I highlight the text that I want to quote? I don't necessarily want the entire prior message to be quoted, just a sentence or two for continuity on the lengthier threads. I see other that the other quotations have an outline rectangular box around them. And what does the 'multi-quote' button do except turn red?

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Hi Lars,

The quote feature (ie the "quote" button) enables you to quote the entire message which you want to reply to. It's not possible to select the text to quot, before you click on the button and are transported to the "reply" section. When there you can edit the amount of quoted text to suit your needs.

The "multi-quote" button tags the messages you want to reply to in any given thread. After "tagging" a few posts you hit the quote button on any of the posts and you'll be transported to the "reply" area where all the tagged posts should appear in quotation, one below another, for easier quotation/reply to specific quotes.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the additional information on this. After some experimental trials I think my understanding of this is much clearer now. I appreciate the help.