Greetings from Seattle, WA, USA

Digital Chemistry

Hello from the great northwest...of course, that depends on what part of the world you are in as to what you call the "northwest" :grin:
My name is Rob, and I am both musician and music fan of the progressive rock styles of new and old artists. My own music may not completely fit into the genre of "prog", as I do also bend pop and jazz stylings into it, but most, if not all of my influences have been progressive rock, and fusion jazz groups, and or, artists. Some of my first loves were the Beatles...but by 1976, I had seen Rush, ELP, Yes, Steely Dan, and Pink Floyd...My parents listened to a wide range of music including Santana, Earl Klugh and Bob James, Vivaldi, Bach, Brahms, Black Sabbath, Kansas, Steely Dan, Jeff Beck, The Crusaders, Tower of Power, Chicago, Jean Luc Ponte, Weather Report, Genisis....I was first given a guitar in 1969...I have played almost every day for the last 30 plus years...later in life I started playing in prog tribute bands, and AOR cover bands, and ultimately gave that up to concentrate on my own originals.
I formed Flightpath Productions, and built a small project studio at my house dubbed "FlightPath Studios" ( if you saw the # of airplanes that fly over every minute, you'd see the connection:D ). I've written 100's of mostly bad songs, but two projects formed from some of the better songs...Scarecrow Messiah (now defunct), and, Digital Chemistry http://www.soundclick.com/digitalchemistry which is in the process of finding and auditioning bassists for live performance, and ultimately to join our writing process as a full fledged member of our band. Digital Chemistry is following in the footsteps of a "Rush meets Porcupine Tree meets Eric Johnson meets Steely Dan" sound, but we feel that we are on the verge of creating something that will be completely new...only time will tell. My project studio is a hodgepodge of old analog and digital gear, with a few choice pieces, including a pair of JBL 4406 monitors gotten at a pawnshop for 75US bucks...they rock!!!
I am eager to meet fellow prog fans, especially those of the bands Porcupine Tree, Rush, KingsX, Spocks Beard, Dream Theater, etc...
Again...hello to all, Peace, Hope and Love to all... Rob, Digital Chemistry/ FlightPath Productions and Studios
BTW: We're not really in Seattle, but about 25 Miles south...but everybody thinks that Des Moines, WA doesn't exist except in IA....;)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hello Rob ... Welcome to MIMF!

I am a former Washingtonian ... lived in Anacortes years ago ... my sister still lives in Marysville. "Prog" is not my genre' ... but hopefully you will find some who do on this forum - in the meantime, enjoy yourself here.