Real names as user names

Torsten Brandes

Btw here´s the old question: why don´t we all just use our real names? And is it really necessary to have a title like Lieutenant Commander, Concertmaster? This for sure is the wrong place to ask this and I´m sure, that other people had this question aswell. So please move this post to the thread it could belong to.

Last edited:

rojo

(Ret)
Hi Torsten,

I think people prefer having the choice as to using their real names or not. People have the right to some privacy.

As to the titles, you can read the lengthy discussion about them in the information section, if you would like.

SecondBass

This is a standard question on forums Worldwide. I am always of the opinion that it is up to the individual and I have always preferred using pseudonyms - I like the privacy. Normally, this question comes up when there is a lot of flaming but I have not seen any on this site.

Sparta

I never use my real name, always prefered pseudonyms, generally ones that make no sense but I guess I went a bit plain this time.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I like the privacy aspect, too ... but at the same time like to be creative in the names I use ... my name here relates to my most favorite organ stop sound. If voiced right, the attack, sound and release is absolutely stunning!!

As for the titles, they give this forum that special uniqueness that it has of its own. Being of my Danish ancestry, I rather enjoy being part of Magle's Danish Navy.

pizza1512

I like the privacy aspect, too ... but at the same time like to be creative in the names I use ... my name here relates to my most favorite organ stop sound. If voiced right, the attack, sound and release is absolutely stunning!!

As for the titles, they give this forum that special uniqueness that it has of its own. Being of my Danish ancestry, I rather enjoy being part of Magle's Danish Navy.

I agree...