PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Presley - King of Rock or Karaoke

SecondBass
Oct-01-2006, 00:10
Having just posted on the partnerships thread about an Elvis song I thought it was appropriate to start an Elvis thread. If anybody gets snooty about his influence they should look at what he achieved and some of the songs that he sang. OK, he didn't actually write any songs but his style, vocals and charisma cannot be denied. Some songs to think about:

Jailhouse Rock
Heartbreak Hotel
Suspicious Minds
King Creole
In the Ghetto

Museo
Oct-01-2006, 01:04
Jailhouse Rock was one of my favourites as I preferred Elvis during the 1950s and 1960s. I saw a music video of the song recently, and I am not surprised that he had quite the effect on people that he did.

Elvis is King!

oboegirl
Feb-02-2007, 15:21
I have to to totaly agree with the last post. Elvis was awsome. I love the younger Elvis as well. I think his songs, even if he didnt write them were great. Love me Tender still touches me when i hear it. I think there is something to be said for a musician young or old who transends generations and has all ages loving thier music.
oboegirl

Cobalt
Feb-03-2007, 00:29
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Elvis Presley - Don't ask me why, though most people seem to think that everyone should love at least one Elvis track.

Having said that, I would have to say that he has done more for the genre than most - after all, everyone has heard of Elvis. He had countless hits that have stood the test of time, and whilst I cannot say I love the music, I do appreciate the talent and his unique stage presence that made him into a legend.

Kaizen
Feb-11-2007, 19:09
Sadly i wasn't yet alive when Elvis Presley ran around as " The King". Although this may have hindered me from becoming one of his fans i must say that his songs are quite catchy and i can easily imagine people dancing and swinging around to the music. I guess even if people dont appreciate his music he will forever have a place in the rock n roll hall of fame.

StuckOnBandaid
Mar-09-2007, 08:04
I too, wasn't alive yet when Elvis was in his glory days, but there is no denying the influence he had on music, and how what he did still influences artists today. Personally, I'm not a fan and never have been but no one can deny that he was a legend, and is still loved by millions.

I do want to add though that a few years back there was a remix of his songs 'A Little Less Conversation', I hated it so much. As I began to hear it more, it grew on me, and not only do I like the updated remix version, but the original version as well.

AlderonFrederic
Nov-12-2018, 22:01
Elvis Presley (https://musiety.com/people/elvis-presley/) - King of Rock or Karaoke?
My personal opinion - is both. Let me explain here. Back in the old days he was like an iconic person, a head of the whole musical world in local(Usa that is). And for many-many people he still like it.
On the other hand, now this like a dinosaur, mostly like Frank and Beatles and all the rest - listen in a silent room on evenings or sing in the karaoke bars