Cubase Or Sibelius

• Cubase

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Sibelius

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Basia

Hey pizza1512,

I'm a very impressed Sibelius user and for the price they offer the software it's so damn worth it. Everytime I use Sibelius I learn how to use more of it's features everytime and it's just brilliant. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Gareth

Commodore of Water Music
To be honest, I haven't even heard of Cubase, but one day I may come across it. What I usually use is Finale Notepad, very basic and easy, obviously not as many features.

I have tried Sibelius and I know many people that use it, and all I hear are good comments.

Cheers
Gareth.

Frederik.Sjölund

Regulator
I use Cubase. As far as i know, isn't Sibelius more optimized for notation? Seems to me like you want to compare two programs which have two very different ways of working. Its like "Which taste better? Apple or Orange?"

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
As Frederik.Sjölund writes, it's difficult to compare Sibelius and Cubase in terms of program-profiency - they are two completely different programs - one is for Music Engraving (Sibelius) and the other is for Midi Sequencing with a IMO mediocre scoring "section".
As for Music Engraving I would choose Finale - which I use almost for all my music/jobs - though I have Sibelius around for when the occation demands it. It's a matter of taste and habit I think.
I've just recently purchased the new version of Cubase - Cubase 4 - which I'm looking forward to exploring when I get the time.

But as to the choice between Cubase and Sibelius I'd say it depends on the task at hand. I haven't tried composing with Cubase yet - but maybe it'll be easier to get ideas down on "digital paper" than in Finale/Sibelius... I don't know... yet... :)

sparky

Cubase Or Sibelius? Reply to Thread

Hi Corno :tiphat:
How right you are they are totally different I do not see any way that they could be compared, I personally use Cubase SX although until recently I was using Cubase VST 32. Cubase suits my work better because of the amazing things you can do with Vocals it is not the easiest of programs to master but like everything else you get out what you put in so my advice to anyone thinking of using any of these programs would be prepare yourself for a lot of hard work just to learn how to use any of these types of program efficiently but most of all just keep making music:cheers: Cheers Sparky
As Frederik.Sjölund writes, it's difficult to compare Sibelius and Cubase in terms of program-profiency - they are two completely different programs - one is for Music Engraving (Sibelius) and the other is for Midi Sequencing with a IMO mediocre scoring "section".
As for Music Engraving I would choose Finale - which I use almost for all my music/jobs - though I have Sibelius around for when the occation demands it. It's a matter of taste and habit I think.
I've just recently purchased the new version of Cubase - Cubase 4 - which I'm looking forward to exploring when I get the time.

But as to the choice between Cubase and Sibelius I'd say it depends on the task at hand. I haven't tried composing with Cubase yet - but maybe it'll be easier to get ideas down on "digital paper" than in Finale/Sibelius... I don't know... yet... :)