Max Richter

XFER

Hello everybody! This is my first post, so i hope I don't make a fool of myself here.

I actually don't remember how I ended here, but i bookmarked this forum and since it's here, why not post? I've never been too into classical music *avoids rocks and rotten tomatoes thrown* but I have an artist in mind that maybe you all know, and maybe not. You will tell me if he shouldn't be here, i am not too good categorizinmg this artist...

Anyway, it's Max Richter. He is a composer, he just released his third album "Songs from before", which, to me, it sounds as a mix of classical music... or at least some classical sensibilities, with electronica... not the kind of music that gets you to dance, no, but more in a 'dark ambient' style. I suck at this... Anyway, have you heard of him? Do you like him? And more importantly, do you have suggestions of similar artists? :cool:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Xfer ...

Welcome to MIMF ...

Sad to say, I know nothing about Max Richter, but like other composer/artists that are unknown to me, I generally research them to find out more.

I do hope your stay with us is enjoyable.

rojo

(Ret)
I have yet to hear anything by him, but I`ve heard good things about his stuff, and I look forward to checking it out!