The Zutons

Soleil

has anyone heard of them? british indie rock band from liverpool. i really like them and i really like their single "valerie" apparently real hit in the UK. I can't wait for them to make their splash in the US, i reckon the time will be 07.

The Zutons

Malek

Never heard of them before but I just checked them out and they are pretty good.I mught have to go buy there cd.

cosmonaut

Zutons

I find that song a bit lame, I must say. Their first album was widely advertised and seemed ok, in a poppy 60s cliched way.

They play some of the most beautiful vintage guitars though - which is why I remember them. Not sure i'd call them anything but (sixties tinged) pop though.....

The Singer has a totally diggable Fender antigua, and also a starcaster (both rare and expensive guitars)

Museo

Being from the UK, I like the Zutons. They have a different, sort of retro-ish style. I liked "Why won't you give me your love?" - a tune that made me want to jump up and down.

Mobi

Ive been listening to Zutons quite a lot since I saw them performing in Conan O'Brien show few years ago. I think their first album was better than second one, just gotta love songs like "Railroad" and "Pressure Point". I love their oldies kinda style and I hope Ill see them live some day.

SecondBass

I think that I mentioned them on here a few months ago. I like them but I wasn't too sure from the first album. I saw them play on Jools Holland last year and appreciated what it was that made them special. It's going to sound a bit strange but they reminded me of Kid Creole and the Coconuts, not musically, but the effect that they had on me. KC & the Cs was just a band making superficial music until I saw them play live, when it hit me what it was all about. Another one was Was, not Was - fabulous live.

All of the above had good songs to take them through and bass-lines to kill for.