Literature

Nalia

Commodore of History & Muses
I have always read a lot. It could be fun to hear, what you read. Who is on the bestseller list in Australia, USA, Croatia…

For some days/weeks I am “grounded”. Minor knee injury
bawling.gif
The sofa is my new best friend.

I’m half way through Dan Browns: The Da Vinci Code (Danish: Da Vinci Mysteriet). It is a fantastic book
up.gif
Lot to think about. I probably will be finish tomorrow. What should I read after Da Vinci?
Nalia
angel.gif

Pamadu

Civilian
I am very Sorry to Hear that you are not Well,Nalia....
frown.gif

Have you ever read:
by Robert Graves. I Claudius.
Claudius The God.
They are Older "Penguin" Books here....may not be your style but give a Look at the Early Roman Empire in a Good Story.Both Books were made into Films a few Years ago......
BUT.!!!!! That is what I have just finished reading for the 10th or more time here.....
I am about to start on:
The Greek Myths (2 Volumes) by Robert Graves.
Someone Gave them to me as a Birthday Present.
Do NOT read a lot...so not up with the Latest Bestsellers.
Perhaps others will know what is in Denmark.????????
Hope you get better soon,and my Prayers & Thoughts are with You.
angel.gif
Cheers....Pamadu/Paul
P.S. Takes a lot to get me into a Book....But I Like Robert Graves style of turning History into something Readable & Enjoyable.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Nalia

I have joust read Homers Iliaden Greek gods, action and lot of bloody details. It was fun reading it again. Read it when I was 12-13 years old.
I have read many books by a Danish writer Leif Davidsen. He writs about topics that have been in the media and give it a twist that makes the reader rethink his/hers media influenced opinion on the topic.
I read lot of history books and biography (hmm is that the right word)
To understand the present, we have to know our history.
Nalia
angel.gif

Pamadu

Civilian
smile.gif
That is why you will like My Suggestions of Robert Graves he does the same in his Books."He makes our History Interesting".....Tells it like a Good Story (almost Fiction like) but is in Fact, all True. Hope You are Getting better.
Cheers
cheers444.gif
Pamadu Paul.
P.S. I have also read Books by Leif Davidsen.....Also there are LOTS of "Biographies" around at the moment....Always Good Reading.
up.gif

Trebbien

Commodore of Choirs, Charm and Codes
Sorry to hear about your knee...
frown.gif
Hope you are in a better condition, Nalia!

If you haven't already read the books of Hanne-Vibeke Holst (danish journalist and writer), then I can strongly recommend you to do so....
She writes very well, express herself formidable and have a wonderful sence of humour !
smile.gif

I have just finished "Min mosters migræne - eller Hvordan jeg blev Kvinde" (again!
wink.gif
), and I can recommend all of her other books as well...

Enjoy your "reading-time-in-your-new-best-friend" and hope your knee will be better soon!

cool.gif
Trebbien

Nalia

Hanne-Vibeke Holsts “Min mosters migræne” and “Kronprinsessen” is in my book collection. She is a great writer
up.gif

I can highly recommend Dan Brown. His books is hard to but away, ones you have started reading
ooo.gif

My poor poor knee. I have started working again. But it doesn’t humour my knee.
Next week Cæciliekoret http://www.caeciliekoret.dk/ have 2 concerts. It better be ready for that.
Nalia
angel.gif

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
I can see Frederiks "Phoenix" is on your concert-program the 4th of may... - would have been nice to go and hear but, alas, I'm in an orchestra-rehearsal that evening... darn it... - no chance of taking it on the program the 6th also?
smile.gif

shellspeare

Reading for pleasure is something i have not been able to do in a long while since i began my English degree course.
At the moment I'm reading The Italian by Ann Radcliffe (doing a gothis module this semester)It's very well written and the realism and romance mix, with a touch of the supernatural is quite refreshing.
I'm also reading the drama, The Doll House by Ibsen, very good, i can't put it down.

medopalis

I'm just reading Angels & Demons by Dan Brown at the moment, which I think is his best based on the others by him I've read.