Muse

rojo

(Ret)
Any Muse fans here?

I especially like Starlight and Knights of Cydonia, but I like pretty much all their stuff. Bliss, Hysteria, Unintended, etc. It`s all good! :up: :grin:

Museo

Yes I am a Muse fan (hence the username! ) and my favourite track is Sunburn. I thought that they had lost their way a little, but have had a return to form with their last album Black Holes and Revelations.

Kaizen

I have heard of muse and heard some of their songs and i must say they are an incredible band with great musicality and mind blowing lyrics. I should really dig deeper into their older works and whatnot and see if they are a band that i should further pursue.

Art Rock

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Great band, especially the first three albums (I'm not sure about their most recent one). Butterflies and hurricanes is my favourite song with a great rachmaninovian piano interlude.

Cobalt

Excellent band - not usually my cup of tea, but since hearing them a couple of years ago I've been a casual fan. They've had a few good albums, and I quite liked most of the Absolution album as well as Butterflies and Hurricanes.

I won't be buying a concert ticket anytime soon, but I have to admit they are pretty good driving music.

Zippy

Banned
Muse are really very good. I don't own any of it myself, but generally I find that I prefer their older music to their new album. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but songs like Butterflies and Hurricanes and Plug In Baby beats Supermassive Blackhole hands down.

rojo

(Ret)
Been checking out your suggestions; thanks guys.

Sunburn - Great song.

Plug in Baby - Good song, but I liked it less than other Muse tunes.

Butterflies and Hurricanes - Great song. Found the end a bit weak though. Art Rock- you weren`t kidding about that Rachmaninovian interlude there! :grin:

Soubasse

Aye, I think they're a clever young bunch of talented b*st*rds!:) Mr Bellamy especially. Don't have any albums as yet, but certainly have my favourites including Butterflies and Hurricanes, Sunburn, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist, Knights of Cydonia, Bliss. I hope they keep up the good work.

Matt

Zippy

Banned
I think one of the best song's they've done has to be Time Is Running Out though. Exluding the piano interludes it just about sums up what they're about I think.

D_Outvile

Muse is strong.

the guys are incredible. All their albums are great, and all different. From Sunburn, Showbiz to Map of Problematique and Knights through all the other songs:) They are great inspiration for many musicians (including ourselves) and many lovers of true music. World needs this music to survive and grow, I think...

Museo

I heard a great Muse cover of a song on the radio the other day. I think it was a B-side at some point but starts off

"You're just too good to be true, can't take my eyes off you"

My other favourite songs from the group are:

Unintended (quite haunting)
Showbiz
Plug in Baby (loud and rocky)
Bliss
Starlight
Supermassive Black Hole, as the guitar riffs remind me of T-Rex

RonenA

Saw them live a few months ago, amazing show. Knights of Cydonia is my favourite muse song. The "No one's gonna take me alive" part live is so mind blowing. Can't say I'm a fan of the latest record though.

rojo

(Ret)
"Uprising"

Paranoia is in bloom,
The PR, transmissions will resume
They'll try to, push drugs that keep us all dumbed down
And hope that, we will never see the truth around
(So come on)

Another promise, another seed
Another, packaged lie to keep us trapped in greed
And all the, green belts wrapped around our minds
And endless red tape to keep the truth confined